The Council Relationships Committee serves primarily to promote Scouting programs to all religious organizations within the territory of the council and encourage them to organize new Scouting units.
Other responsibilities of the committee are to:
- Promote the religious emblems program with chartered organizations
- Ensure that Scouting’s resources are promoted for use by the religious institutions
- Develop chaplainry programs for Goshen Scout Reservation and council/district events
- Assist in raising Friends of Scouting (FOS) and financial support to provide for relationships throughout the council
Subcommittees and/or cooperating committees of the council relationships committee include the following religious groups, and may expand with interest and capability:
- Catholic (Washington/Maryland)
- Catholic (Virginia)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
NCAC Vice President, Relationships Committee is Rev. Robert Chance
NCAC Staff Adviser for Relationships Committee is Jonathan Cartner, 301-214-9115.