The High Adventure Committee (HAC) is dedicated to promoting high-adventure programs in all NCAC districts. Volunteer scouters, including District High Adventure Coordinators, meet at 7:30 pm on the first Thursday of September through May at the Marriott Scout Service Center. The HAC is responsible for:
- providing information and assistance to NCAC youth and adults on High Adventure program opportunities, and
- conducting planning, logistics and training for expeditions to National and regional High Adventure bases with contingent crews from our Council.
For information on BSA National High Adventure (HA) bases, NCAC’s Lenhok’sin HA Base and other councils’ HA bases in the Adirondacks, click on the name of the base below. Online registration is now open for 2021 NCAC HAC-sponsored expeditions, as indicated below.
- Philmont Scout Ranch in Cimarron, New Mexico – click here to join an NCAC contingent on a 12-day backpacking trek
- Northern Tier – leaving from 2 bases in Canada & Ely, Minnesota – click here to join an NCAC crew on 10-days of wilderness canoeing
- Sea Base – sailing, snorkeling & SCUBA in Florida Keys & Caribbean – click here to join an NCAC crew on 7-days of coral reef sailing
- Summit Bechtel Reserve, Paul R. Christen HA Base in Mount Hope, WV – whitewater rafting, trail riding on bikes & ATVs, & super COPE on base
- Lenhok’sin High Adventure Base at Goshen Scout Reservation, “Philmont of the East”
- Adirondack BSA High Adventure Bases (several New York councils)
For more information, contact:
HAC Chairman John Blackwell via email or call 301‐346‐0551
NCAC Staff Advisor Eric Smith via email or call 301-214-9188
or an HAC member from your district or other committee member on the roster.