Located on the southern coast of St. Croix, the largest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, Camp Howard M. Wall is your stepping stone to untold island adventures.
Rent Camp Wall
St. Croix is just a two and a half hour plane ride from Miami. Camp Wall is a hidden treasure on the island, offering 17 acres of open campground with beach frontage. In addition to tent camping, the camp includes a main building for orientation, a large full kitchen, three large covered open pavilions, kayaks and royaks, and an amazing view of the Caribbean Sea.
Camp Wall is available from September through April.
Cost to rent is $100 per person, per week.
The camp can house up to 46 people (16 in a camping shelter, 30 in two-person canvas tents with cots).
Things to do on the island
- Swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving at various locations around the island
- Sailing/Motoring to Buck Island Reef National Monument
- Turtle watching at Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge, home of the largest nesting population of leatherback sea turtles in the U.S.
- Visiting Salt River Bay National Park and Ecological Preserve, site of Columbus’ second voyage landing and first recorded encounter with early inhabitants. The park is one of seven places in the world to offer bioluminescent kayak tours. (Available at night during non full moon times)
- Fishing for reef fish, tuna, dolphin (mahi-mahi), wahoo and marlin
- Visiting Whim Great House and learning the island’s cultural history
- Hiking isolated beaches, New Caledonia Gut and the rain forest
- Hike to the Annaly Bay Tide Pools
- Visit Point Udall, the easternmost point of the USA.
- Learning about Maroon Ridge
- Enjoying West Indian food (man soup) and culture
For more information
- For rental inquiries:
- Laura Kuras, USVI District Executive
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CampWallUSVI
Why Goshen? There’s lots to choose from at our nationally and fully accredited camp. Goshen Scout Reservation is located in the wilderness of the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia and has at its center the beautiful, 450 acre Lake Merriweather.
Spaced around this lake are:
- 3 Scout Camps: Bowman, Marriott, & Olmsted
- 2 Resident Webelos Camps: PMI & Ross
- Lenhok’sin High Adventure
We also have a number of specialized programs:
- Provisional Camping for individuals in Scouts and Venturing
- Ranger Experience for Venturers
Located in Prince William County Virginia, Camp William B. Snyder encompasses 350-acres including a managed wetland. A premier camping location within the National Capital Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America our facility has been open to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers and community organizations since 2006. Whether you come to camp, enjoy a high-quality outdoor program or need a place to stay while visiting DC we are here for you.
Scout Camp at Airy is an entirely volunteer-run BSA resident camp operating for one week a year in Thurmont, Maryland. It is staffed almost exclusively by scouters from the Francis Scott Key district in the National Capital Area Council.
While we offer the standard fare you may find in many other camps (First Year Camper program, shooting sports, scoutcraft, aquatics), we excel in offering unusual merit badge programs driven by an experienced cadre of subject matter experts. In recent years we have offered Chemistry, Nuclear Science, Exploration, Search and Rescue, and Insect Study, to name a few.