The History Hike CSP will be available for purchase after being successfully earned by completing 85% or more of the activities associated with the hike. You will have the opportunity to redo activities if needed, in order to qualify you for your medal.
Our NEW Online Store is up and running! When you complete the HOST hikes, you can purchase the History Hike CSPs online or at the Marriott Scout Service Center at 9190 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814.
MEDALS AND PARTICIPANT PATCHES FOR THE HISTORY HIKE ARE CURRENTLY SOLD OUT. TO ENHANCE THE VALUE OF THE INAUGURAL MEDALS AND PATCHES, WE WILL NOT BE ORDERING ADDITIONAL MEDALS AT THIS TIME.
Where does it start?
The History Hike starts in the courtyard of the National Geographic Building near 15th and M Street.
Where does it end?
All endpoints are near Metro Center Metro station and also only a short walk to Gallery Place China Town station and Archives Navy Memorial stations for easy access to every color Metro line.
What to bring on the hike?
Each hiker (including adults) should have:
- Two pencils or pens
- A camera (each hiker must be able to take 6 photos individually, sharing is okay, cell phones with cameras are fine)
- Full Uniform (if you have one)
- A watch (any kind)
- One empty plastic bag (supermarket type)
- Appropriate weather gear and water bottle
- Curiosity and sense of adventure
You’ll need at least one of these for the whole group:
- Small magnifying glass
- One crisp $10 bill (for one of the clues – you keep it)
- Binoculars (Recommended)