2023 High Adventure Opportunities
- The NCAC High Adventure Committee has obtained space for crews at Northern Tier, Philmont and Sea Base for the summer of 2023. To download a slide with information and links to register, click here.
- To see a list of openings on the NCAC High Adventure contingents and on crews obtained by individual units, click here Send an email here if your crew has an opening and wants to be added to the list by providing the information on the list.
For many years Dave Green, an avid backpacker and high pointer, as well as the Chain Bridge High Adventure District Representative, has produced a set of program summaries describing high adventure bases that is widely distributed in the National Capital Area Council. His latest program summaries are available here.
- Information about BSA and Council High Adventure Bases and Camps in Volume 1 of the High Adventure Sourcebook, click here.
- Information about Treks, Hikes and Overnights in the Mid-Atlantic region in Volume 2 of the High Adventure Sourcebook, click here.
- Favorite Hikes of High Adventure Committee members in Maryland Virginia, click here.
- Outdoor Guide to the Northern Shenandoah Valley, a 1997 Eagle Project of Robert Drake, Troop 21 in Shenandoah Area Council, click here.
For breaking news about High Adventure opportunities in the National Capital Area Council, click here.
The NCAC High Adventure Committee is currently using Zoom to meet at 7:30 pm on the first Thursday of September through May. Contact John Blackwell via email or phone 301‐346‐0551 if you would like to attend.
Back to the HAC page
Click here to return to the High Adventure page which has links to descriptions of all four BSA National HA bases, NCAC’s Lenhok’sin HA Base and other councils’ HA bases in the Adirondacks.