BSA National High Adventure Bases will begin accepting reservations in October 2020 for expeditions in 2022 as described below (based on information available as of September 25, 2020).
- Northern Tier High Adventure with bases in Ely, Minnesota; Atikokan, Ontario; and Bissett, Manitoba is celebrating its 100th anniversary by accepting reservations on a first-come, first served basis, starting October 1, 2020 for the summer of 2022 and January 19, 2021 for the winter of 2021-2022. There are a limited number of treks available on each date, so having backup dates when making a reservation is essential. Upon completing the online reservation process, you will know immediately if your request is available and must pay a $250 deposit. Go here for registration information.
- Philmont Scout Ranch is conducting an online lottery for treks during the summer of 2022. Units may enter the lottery between October 27, 2020 and December 1, 2020. Lottery selections will be made randomly by computer after December 1 (i.e., reservations will not be assigned in the order that requests are made). Units may enter the Philmont lottery in consecutive years. Go here to download a 2022 registration information packet with a description of the process, including explicit instructions.
- Sea Base will use a first-come, first-served basis to accept reservations online for the summer of 2022 – but the opening date has not been announced as of September 25, 2020. Reservations are immediate and so is the deposit due ($250). Go here for 2022 reservation details and check back frequently for when the system will open – also check their Facebook page here.
- Summit Bechtel Reserve at the Paul R. Christen High Adventure Base is still accepting reservations for the summer of 2021 on a first-com, first-served basis. Registration information is available here. A unit reservation form for 2021 is available here.
2021 High Adventure Opportunities
- The NCAC High Adventure Committee has obtained space for crews at Philmont, Sea Base and Northern Tier for the summer of 2021. To download a slide with information and links to register, click here.
- To see a list of openings on the NCAC High Adventure contingents and on crews obtained by individual units, click here Send an email here if your crew has an opening and wants to be added to the list by providing the information on the list.
Next HAC Meeting
The next NCAC High Adventure Committee Meeting is scheduled to be held using Zoom at 7:30 pm EDT on Thursday, October 1, 2020. Contact John Blackwell via email or phone 301‐346‐0551 if you would like to attend.
Click here for more High Adventure Information, including
- Program Summaries describing high adventure bases
- Resources for units and individuals engaged in High Adventure