Training Opportunities for 2024:
6 April 2024 – in-person
20 April 2024 – virtual
E-mail BSA2XS@gmail.com or email@example.com for more information.
19 November 2023 – Orientation for Crew Members and Parents (via Zoom)
7 January 2024 – Advisor & Crew Leader Training (via Zoom)
9 & 17 March 2024 – Philmont Advisor Hikes tentatively leaving at 8 am from Catoctin Mountain NP Visitors Center (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Skills Training (email email@example.com):
24 March 2024 (via Zoom)
6 April 2024 – Location TBD
All four BSA National High Adventure Bases are processing 2024 reservations at Open4Adventure, as well as on individual websites and are expected to begin accepting reservations for 2024 as described below.
- Northern Tier High Adventure with bases in Ely, Minnesota; Atikokan, Ontario; and Bissett, Manitoba is accepting reservations online on a first-come, first served basis for the winter of 2023-2024 and summer of 2024. Go here for registration information for any remaining treks. 2025 trek reservations will likely be accepted starting at 8 am CST on 18 January 2024. There are a limited number of treks available on each date, so having backup dates when making a reservation is essential. Upon completing the online reservation process, you will know immediately if your request is available and must pay a deposit.
- Philmont Scout Ranch accepted requests for treks during the summer of 2025 in an online lottery between 1 October 2023 and 16 October 2023. Lottery selections are made randomly by computer (i.e., reservations are not assigned in the order that requests were made). Units may enter the Philmont lottery in consecutive years. To access Philmont registration information for 2025, click here. To find out what is still available for 2024, click here.
- Sea Base plans to begin accepting reservations for the summer of 2025 on 18 January 2024. For more information by email on 2025 Sea Base reservations, click here. For remaining availability in 2023, click here and for 2024, click here. Information is also available on the Sea Base Facebook page here.
- Summit Bechtel Reserve at the Paul R. Christen High Adventure Base used a first-come, first-served basis to accept reservations online for the summer of 2024. To find out what reservations for the summer of 2024 are available, click here. If the same procedure is used in 2025, reservations will likely start on 18 January 2024.
Chain Bridge’s High Adventure Roundtable Announcements by Dave Green can be found here.
2024 High Adventure Opportunities
- Join a group of 20 people traveling 22-30 June 2024 to Yellowstone NP, Old Faithful, Grand Teton NP, hiking in the Tetons, and backpacking over 50 miles in the Wind River Range. Click here for more information.
- The NCAC High Adventure Committee has arranged a canoeing crew at Lenhok’sin – James River 7-13 July 2024. Click here to see a list of current availability of the NCAC backpacking and canoeing crews as well as units going to Northern Tier, Philmont, Sea Base and/or Summit.
- Send an email here if your crew has an opening and wants to be added to the list by providing the information on the list.
Next HAC Meeting
The next NCAC High Adventure Committee Meeting is scheduled to be held using Zoom at 7:00 pm EDT on Thursday, 7 December 2023. Contact John Blackwell via email or phone 301‐346‐0551 if you would like to attend.
Click here for more High Adventure Information, including
- Program Summaries describing high adventure bases
- Resources for units and individuals engaged in High Adventure