BSA National High Adventure Bases began accepting reservations in October 2021 for expeditions in 2023 as described below.
- Northern Tier High Adventure with bases in Ely, Minnesota; Atikokan, Ontario; and Bissett, Manitoba will accept reservations online on a first-come, first served basis for the winter of 2022-2023 and the summer of 2023 from January 12, 2022 on. There are a limited number of treks available on each date, so having backup dates when making a reservation is essential. Upon completing the online reservation process, you will know immediately if your request is available and must pay a deposit. Go here for registration information for any remaining treks in 2022.
- Philmont Scout Ranch is conducting an online lottery for treks during the summer of 2023. Units may enter the lottery between October 5, 2021 and December 1, 2021. Lottery selections will be made randomly by computer after December 1 (i.e., reservations will not be assigned in the order that requests are made). Units may enter the Philmont lottery in consecutive years. Go here to access 2023 registration information.
- Sea Base will accept reservations online on a first-come, first-served basis for the summer of 2023 from January 12, 2022 on. Reservations are immediate and so is the deposit. Go here for 2022 reservation availability. Information is also available on the Sea Base Facebook page here.
- Summit Bechtel Reserve at the Paul R. Christen High Adventure Base will use a first-come, first-served basis to accept reservations online for the summer of 2023 from January 12, 2022 on. Reservations for the summer of 2022 may still be available, but you have to begin the registration process here to find out what is available.
2022 High Adventure Opportunities
- The NCAC High Adventure Committee has a spaces available on crews at Philmont and Sea Base for the summer of 2022. To download a slide with information and links to register, click here.
- To see a list of openings on the NCAC High Adventure contingents and on crews obtained by individual units, click here Send an email here if your crew has an opening and wants to be added to the list by providing the information on the list.
Next HAC Meeting
The next NCAC High Adventure Committee Meeting is scheduled to be held using Zoom at 7:30 pm EDT on Thursday, November 4, 2021. Contact John Blackwell via email or phone 301‐346‐0551 if you would like to attend.
Click here for more High Adventure Information, including
- Program Summaries describing high adventure bases
- Resources for units and individuals engaged in High Adventure