The Chain Bridge District is part of the Virginia Central Service Area in the National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. It is the home to over 60 traditional Scouting units, serving over 3,000 youth in the areas of Arlington and McLean Virginia.
Interested in joining a Scouting unit in Chain Bridge?
- Go to BeAScout.org
- Enter your zip code and select the Scouting program(s) for you and/or your child.
- Click “Find and Apply”.
– A list of Scouting units will appear in order from distance to your zip code.
– Contact the unit’s point-of-contact via their listed phone and/or email.
Annual Report of the District
District Key 3: The district’s Key-3 purpose is to support units to ensure that our youth members get the best possible Scouting experience in the safest possible environment.
District Committee: A group of individuals recognized in the community as outstanding because of achievements as leaders, with recruiting and organizing ability that will inspire confidence and win support and cooperation for Scouting.
Members at Large: Individuals of character and standing in the community who, because of interest, organization experience, ability, or general knowledge, may be available for service as a chair or member of one of the committees in the district or for service in some special capacity to the district. The incoming district chair appoints the chairs of the various operating committees and other special or ad hoc committees with the approval of the voting members of the district.
A Du Truong
James Thomas Sr.
Chain Bridge District's Scouting at a Glance in 2022
Scouting continued across Arlington and McLean, Virginia in 2022 and the impact and achievements are easy to see as the 3rd largest traditional District in the nation!
- 3,075+ Scouts serviced across 68 traditional Scouting Units Overall Membership Growth achieved across the District
- 1,100+ Trained adult leaders guiding and empowering our Scouts
- 60,000+ pounds of food collected and donated to the Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC) and Share of McLean
- $112,000+ raised to support local Scouting through our Friends of Scouting campaign
- Thousands of community service hours conducted in support of our local communities in Arlington and McLean, VA
- 3,400+ Merit Badges earned throughout our District
- 5,750+ Cub Scout Adventures earned throughout our District
- 2,100+ Rank Advancements earned throughout our District
- 130+ Scouts awarded the rank of Eagle Scout