To improve our Council’s Visual Storytelling capabilities, you can now qualify to earn the Photo Patrol Patch!
You can qualify to earn the attached patch by completing the following steps:
- Take a print-quality photo that is used in The Scouter Digest, the NCAC Annual Report, or another Council print publication .
- Share a photo on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #myNCAC.
- Document in photography or video one Scouting event. Encourage other parents and leaders to submit material. Post the final video or slideshow online.
- Register as a Photography Merit Badge Counselor OR complete the Visual Storytelling course at Philmont Training Center. [OPTIONAL]
- Those who qualify would be part of the “Photo Patrol” going forward, and could be called on to help document Council and District activities.
- Members would be recognizable as approved Council photographers at events.