Religious Relationships Committee
The Council Relationships Committee serves primarily to promote Scouting programs to all religious organizations within the territory of the council and encourage them to organize new Scouting units.
Purpose of the committee is to:
- Coordinate the promotion of the use of Scouting by the various religious relationships committees.
- Promote understanding and cooperation between the different religious faiths by creating opportunities for interfaith dialogue and advocacy
- Sharing in the annual planning process of NCAC
- Developing program designed to build bridges between faith communities
- Promoting Scouting’s ideals of Reverence and Duty to God
Subcommittees and/or cooperating committees of the council relationships committee include the following religious groups, and may expand with interest and capability:
- Catholic (Maryland and Washington DC Diocese)
- Catholic (Arlington Diocese)
NCAC Vice President, Relationships Committee is Rashid Abdullah
NCAC Staff Adviser for Relationships Committee is Jonathan Cartner, 301-214-9115.