The December 31 deadline to recharter all of the non-LDS units in Powhatan is quickly approaching. The plan was to have recharter packages submitted by the Troops, Packs, Crews, and Posts by the end of November to allow National to process them and address any work-offs prior to the December 31 deadline.
Thank you to the 14 units who have submitted their recharter packages. Thank you also to the 15 units who have started the online process. For the 18 units who have “not started”, we need to get the process completed in the next two weeks.
Please review the below steps, find out where your unit’s status, and work through the remaining steps prior to the December Roundtable on the 13th of December where we’ll be accepting and reviewing packages. If you complete yours prior to the 13th, simply contact your Unit Commissioner and/or the ADC for Administration, Mark Longworth, to arrange a pick-up. If you experience problems, please send an email to email@example.com.
To Do List:
- Validate your rosters on my.scouting.org tools,
- Have registered adults update their my.scouting.org profile,
- Ensure that ALL registered adults complete the *new* Youth Protection Training (YTP 2.0)
- Complete the on-line rechartering (if you need your code, email Longworth)
- Submit your completed recharter package to your Unit Commissioner along with your Journey to Excellence Scorecard
Good to Know:
- View resources including training and manuals are at:
- Need more guidance? Check out this presentation
- Additional Questions? Your unit commissioner can help.
- Dues have not changed from 2017/2018 to 2018/2019. Still $33/member, $12/Boy’s Life subscription, $6/member for insurance, and $40/unit for fees. Prorated dues from last year are in the unit financial accounts at Council.
- Units chartered to Churches of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints do not have to recharter – their charters are valid through 31 December 2019
- The Internet Rechartering Software has not changed from last year