Our District Commissioner is Thomas Price.
Bridging the Gap Through Unit Service
Unit service means ensuring every member of the BSA has a great Scouting experience. This is what Unit Commissioners do in supporting the Scouting movement in Goose Creek District. We ensure that each Unit in our District is recognized for their good work, help assess unit health, and connect the unit with District resources needed to ensure the delivery of the Scouting program in their community.
In serving the 67 and growing number of units in Goose Creek District, the Commissioner staff is implementing a community-based approach to providing unit service to the seven Service Areas that make up the District. We are working with the District Key3 and District Committee to achieve the vision of “rebuilding, revitalizing, and growing the Scouting program in Loudoun County”.
The responsibilities of the Unit Commissioners include:
- Serve as liaison between the Unit and both the District and NCAC.
- Help the District Executive to build and foster the relationship between the Charter Organization and Scouting.
- Work with the Unit Key 3 to build a collaborative relationship in delivering the Scouting program in their community.
- Ensure the aims and methods of Scouting are an integral part of a Unit’s Scouting program.
- Answer questions about the various Scout programs (Cub Scouts, ScoutsBSA, Venturing, Explorers and Sea Scouts).
- Assist units in assessing their unit health using the JTE self-assessment program.
- Identify Unit needs and connect the Unit with District resources to support growth in membership, recruiting, training, advancement, and outdoor activities.
- Promote Council and District events, training opportunities and Summer Camp programs.
- Encourage unit participation in monthly District Roundtables to learn, share and connect with fellow Scouters and Unit Leaders.
If you are interested in helping your fellow Scouters and Units to deliver Scouting in their community, we invite you to join the Commissioner team. Please contact your Unit Commissioner or our District Commissioner for additional information about this great opportunity to serve Goose Creek District.
Here are Unit Commissioners and Service Areas for each Unit in Goose Creek District:
|Pack 39B||Vacant||Western Loudoun|
|Pack 311F||Brian Zabela||Leesburg|
|Pack 704B||Kurt Struder||Western Loudoun|
|Pack 905B||Robert Hansen||Potomac Falls|
|Pack 910F||Robert Hansen||South Riding|
|Pack 950F||Vacant||Potomac Falls|
|Pack 956F||Vacant||Potomac Falls|
|Pack 961F||Thomas Price||Western Loudoun|
|Pack 962F||Vacant||Western Loudoun|
|Pack 965B||John Witek||Leesburg|
|Pack 982F||John Witek||Leesburg|
|Pack 998F||John Witek||Leesburg|
|Pack 1148F||Thomas Price||South Riding|
|Pack 1151F||Thomas Price||Ashburn|
|Pack 1152F||Vacant||Potomac Falls|
|Pack 1154F||Mike Sierra||Ashburn|
|Pack 1162F||Vacant||Western Loudoun|
|Pack 1483F||Scott Bashore||Brambleton|
|Pack 1484F||Sridar Rajagopolan||Brambleton|
|Pack 1500F||Sridar Rajagopolan||Brambleton|
|Pack 1666F||Vacant ||Ashburn|
|Pack 1871B||Thomas Price||Potomac Falls|
|Pack 2010B||Thomas Price||South Riding|
|Pack 2013B||Robert Hansen||South Riding|
|Troop 39B||Vacant||Western Loudoun|
|Troop 163B||Vacant||Western Loudoun|
|Troop 572B||Vacant||Potomac Falls|
|Troop 711B||Brian Zabela||Leesburg|
|Troop 761B||Brad Scales||Brambleton|
|Troop 950B||Bobbie Scales||Potomac Falls|
|Troop 955G||Vacant||Potomac Falls|
|Troop 956B||Vacant||Potomac Falls|
|Troop 961B||Thomas Price||Western Loudoun|
|Troop 962B||Vacant||Western Loudoun|
|Troop 966B||Thomas Price||Potomac Falls|
|Troop 969B||Kurt Struder||Western Loudoun|
|Troop 970B||Thomas Price||Potomac Falls|
|Troop 982B||Brian Zabela||Leesburg|
|Troop 998B||John Witek||Leesburg|
|Troop 1148G||Thomas Price||South Riding|
|Troop 1154B||Sridar Rajagopolan||Brambleton|
|Troop 1159B||Brian Zabela||Leesburg|
|Troop 1430B||Thomas Price||South Riding|
|Troop 1550B||Steve Wolfson||Leesburg|
|Troop 1666B||Mike Sierra||Ashburn|
|Troop 1666G||Mike Sierra||Ashburn|
|Troop 1907B||Brad Scales||Ashburn|
|Troop 1910B||John Witek||Leesburg|
|Troop 2011B||Vacant||Western Loudoun|
|Troop 2012B||Thomas Price||South Riding|
|Troop 2012G||Thomas Price||South Riding|
|Troop 2950B||Kurt Struder||Brambleton|
|Troop 2970B||Scott Bashore||Brambleton|
|Troop 2970G||Scott Bashore||Brambleton|
|Crew 966||Brian Zabela||Potomac Falls|
|Crew 1430||Thomas Price||South Riding|