Friends of Scouting
Friends of Scouting Campaign
Friends of Scouting Brochure & Pledge Card (pdf)
Friends of Scouting is the annual giving campaign of the National Capital Area Council that helps provide the necessary funds to ensure a quality Scouting program for every youth. Friends of Scouting is the council’s largest source of income (15 percent). The campaign is vital to the programs and services of the Council.
More than 82% of the council budget is directed towards program support that impact the quality of every youth’s Scouting experience!
It costs $240 to provide one year of quality program for each Scout.
What does a Friends of Scouting investment provide?
- Local programs and activities throughout the council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youths who otherwise could not participate
- Scout service center that coordinate Scouting activities and provide customer service to members
- Accident and liability insurance to protect both youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide, and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities available for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs where Scouts are recognized for learning and achievement of goals they set
- Distribution and development of literature and training-materials
- Leadership training for young people who will become future community leaders
To make a donation to Friends of Scouting, please send a check to
9190 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
(make checks payable to NCAC-BSA)
Have you ever wondered who pays for Scouting? Click here to see the True Cost of Scouting.