District Resources

Frequently Asked Questions

I need a certificate of insurance for my unit, an event or chartering organization. 

Please fill out this form and return to insrequest@ncacbsa.org. You’ll receive a certificate of insurance back in at least 2 weeks.  Units should copy the District Executive (DE) on any insurance requests.

I turned in an application but it does not show in my My.Scouting account.

Please wait two weeks from submission date to the District Executive. If you don’t see it in your roster, submit a copy of the full application to the District Executive for re-processing.

Can you add me to the Basecamp collaboration site?

To be added, please contact any person under the “Aquia District Contacts” page.

What fundraisers are supported by the council and insurance?

Our popcorn sales and camp card sales are the only official, supported and covered fundraising projects.

Where do I turn in a Merit Badge Counselor application?

If you’re turning in a Merit Badge Counselor application, see James Dunham.

Where do I get or turn in an application for membership in Boy Scouts of America?

For a paper application go to: https://www.scouting.org/resources/forms/
As soon as you complete an application, scan and send to the District Executive. DO NOT WAIT UNTIL ROUNDTABLE. Applications need to be received immediately for proper processing.

To apply online (the most efficient method) go to: https://beascout.scouting.org/
Enter your zip code, select the closest unit to your home or a specific unit you know and click the “Apply Now” button.