Adams Eagle Scout Project Award
Each year, the National Eagle Scout Association sponsors Council, Regional and National level recognition of the Glenn A. and Melinda W. Adams Eagle Scout Service Project of the Year Award. For NCAC, awards should be submitted by 21 January to Nick Davis, Development Director, NCAC (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Mike Cooper, Adams Award Chair (email@example.com).
Each nomination should include the application form (http://nesa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/ADAMS-NATIONAL-EAGLE-SCOUT-SERVICE-PROJECT-OF-THE-YEAR-NOMINATION-FORM.pdf ) signed by the Eagle Scout, a PDF of the complete Eagle Scout Service Project Work Book, along with letters of endorsement (if any). A video link of the Eagle Scout describing the project is optional. The reverse side of the application provides details.
For consideration, the nominated Eagle Scout must have had the Board of Review between 1 Jan- Dec 31 the year prior to recognition. More than one project may be submitted from NCAC Districts. The NCAC Adams Award Committee will evaluate all projects submitted for consideration. The NCAC project selected will be forwarded for Regional consideration. Each local council NESA committee shall select one service project of the year from among those meeting the submission guidelines.
The included criteria and other factors are all appropriate for consideration by the committee in selecting the winners. Evaluation criteria for this award should include consideration of at least the following:
- Project planning required
- Effort to develop the project
- Extent and character of the leadership provided by the Scout
- Extent of achievement of the planned result, including changes or modifications required to complete the project
- Project’s impact on the beneficiary and/or on the community at large
- Originality of the project
- Scope of the work
- Time and materials contributed
- Level of skill employed to complete the project
The NCAC Eagle Scout selected will be recognized at the NOESA Dinner scheduled in the Spring.