Merit Badge Counselors
Sully District Merit Badge Counselors
Sully District – How to become a Merit Badge Counselor?
1. Fill out an Adult Application, Position Code 42 Merit Badge Counselor
2. Be sure to sign the Background check page
3. Take Youth Protection Training (YPT), make a copy.
4. Fill out the Merit Badge Counselor form – please try to list your Merit Badges in alphabetical order.
5. Turn all the paperwork into your Unit representative, normally the Committee Chairman, and make sure that the paperwork gets to the Sully District Advancement Chairman – Hondo Davids – and NOT the District Executive.
6. The Sully District Chairman will verify the information and sign the application and forward it to the District Executive.
7. BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR YPT UP TO DATE, IT IS GOOD FOR ONLY TWO YEARS.
8. Read the Merit Badge Counselor information on the back of the Merit Badge Counselor Form.
9. Keep a copy of all four parts for your records as these forms have a tendency to get lost in the process (about 10%). Application, Background Check Page, YPT, and MBC Form.
In accordance with the 2019 Advancement Manual, The Merit Badge Counselor list IS NOT allowed to be posted on the web site, District or Unit, as there is a lot of Personal Information on the list that is not to be released to the general public.
The District Merit Badge Counselor Sheet is sent to all Units on a monthly basis to the Scoutmaster, Committee Chairs, and the Merit Badge Counselor Point of Contact of each Scouts BSA Troop. Scouts are to get with their Scoutmaster or designated representative to work out a Merit Badge Counselor for a Scout wanting to work on a Merit Badge.
Contact Hondo Davids if you need more information.