Cub Scout Roundtable: Sept 13
September 12, 2018
The Cub Scout Roundtable is here to help you. We welcome new leaders and parents with questions and seasoned leaders with experience. Facilitated by the Roundtable staff, we all work together to put on the best program we can for our Scouts.
For the September Roundtable we will be using the Scout Law point “Friendly” and the theme of “Friends Near and Far”. Our interest topic will be “I just got volun-told that I am the new Cubmaster/Den Leader/Committee Chair – Please Help!” with our Big Rocks topic covering the Resources that can help you succeed as an Adult Leader. We also plan to have commissioners on hand to help units ensure their “Be-A-Scout” pins are up to date. Please come join us. Please invite the new (and returning) leaders of your pack to join us. Light refreshments are served.
7:30pm-8:30pm, Thursday September 13, Montgomery Village LDS Church, 20020 Montgomery Village Ave, Montgomery Village, MD 20886.
To help Den and pack leaders with planning their upcoming den and pack meetings, the Roundtable plans to cover the following topics this year:
- 10/11/18 Law: “Obedient” Theme: “Super Cub!” Interest Topics: TBD, This will also be the night of Recharter Training.
- 11/8/18 Law: “Kind” Theme: “Paying it Forward” Interest Topics: The BSA Structure and the Aims of Scouting. This will also be the night of the Webelos Midway.
- 12/13/18 Law: “Reverent” Theme: “Winter Wonderland” Interest Topics: Religious Emblems Awards Program and the Duty to God in Cub Scouting.
- 1/10/19 Law: “Loyal” Theme: “Scout Salute” Interest Topic: Den and Pack Discipline
- 2/14/19 Law: “Trustworthy” Theme: “Let the Games Begin” Interest Topic: The Webelos to Scout Transition: Preparation and Ceremonies
- 3/14/19 Law: “Thrifty” Theme: “A-Camping We Will Go” Interest Topic: Places to Go and Things to See and Do
- 4/11/19 Law: “Helpful” Theme: “Jobs, Jobs, Jobs” Interest Topic: Leader Recruiting and Succession Planning
- 5/9/19 Law: “Courteous” Theme: “S’More Cub Scout Fun” Interest Topic: Annual Planning and Planing Safely
- 6/13/19 Law: “Clean” Theme: “A Picnic with Pizzazz” Interest Topics: Cub Scouting for the Family and Member Retention. This will also be our annual BBQ.
This is only the plan for Roundtable topics and themes in an effort to be helpful for your own planning; you are welcome to follow your own course of themes and topics. The topics are subject to change as the needs of local units and changes in the national program may dictate.