Fall Join Scouting Campaign
August 07, 2018
Our district is gearing up for our Fall Join Scouting Campaign. It is important that all our Packs hold a Join Scouting Night (JSN). For those of you new to the JSN, this is an annual event.
Join Scouting Night Guide
This year we have a Join Scouting Night Guide to help you to help you plan and have a successful recruiting event.
RIGHT NOW!!!!! Reserving a classroom or All Purpose Room
If you need to reserve a Montgomery County Public School classroom or all purpose room you need to contact us ASAP
· Open the JSN Tracking Spreadsheet.
· ONLY fill out the following information in the “Seneca” tab.
- Unit Membership Chair
- 2018 Pack Membership Chair
- Indicate if you are participating in Family Scouting
- Your Join Scouting Night Date
- Your Join Scouting Night Time
· You can also contact Carlos or Howard by email or phone. We will be glad to enter your information into the spreadsheet. Carlos can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org, (410) 608-4360. Howard can be reached at email@example.com, 301.580.7190.
Flier Distribution Date
National will be releasing editable fliers shortly. I’ll email you the template just as soon as they release it. You can, of course, make your own flier.
If you need fliers for your Join Scouting Night you must get the fliers to your school BEFORE their Flier Distribution Date.
Unless an elementary school opts to distribute flyers and informational materials on a different date, the dates of the 2018/2019 flier distribution will be:
- September 14, 2018
- November 7, 2018
- January 25, 2019
- April 3, 2019
Free Digital Media Ad
Get FREE Facebook Advertising for your Pack’s JSN! Find your school listed in the link and fill out your Pack’s Information and Joining Event Information.
Join us at the next District Round Table for JSN Training. August Round Table is on August 9, 2018, 7:30PM to 9:00PM at the Gaithersburg LDS Church, 20020 Montgomery Village Ave, Montgomery Village, MD 20886.
Thank you for all you do for Scouting
– Howard Lichtman
Vice Chair, Membership
National Area Council
Boy Scouts of America