Venturing Leadership Award Information Page
Congratulations to our VLA Class of 2018!
|Thomas Howard||Chain Bridge|
About the Venturing Leadership Award
The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by the National Capital Area Council to Venturers and Venturing Advisors who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Scout Oath and Scout Law. The VLA Award program is offered in tiers at the Council, Area, Region, and National tiers*.
- Be registered and involved as a Venturer or Venturing leader for at least one year.
- Hold a leadership position or an office at the unit, district, council, area, region, or national level (as appropriate for the level of the award presented).
- Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers (on the level appropriate for the award).
VLA Nomination Process
- All Nominations must be made using the official BSA nomination form available on NCACBSA.org or Scouting.org or here
- As outlined in the nomination form, all nominations must contain an attachment with overview of 200 words or less of why the candidate should receive the award.
- All nominations should include at least one, but no more than three letters of recommendation. Letters do not need to specifically be from the Scouting community in so long as they convey how the nominee has shown leadership in their Crew, Church, School or elsewhere.
- Please remember that it is very possible the members of the selection committee won’t know your candidate personally, so please encourage the authors of the nomination letters to tell as much of the story of the nominee as possible.
- Nominations which may qualify for a different tier or program Leadership Award may be sent to the appropriate officiating cabinet for review.
- All complete nomination packets must be received no later than April 1, 2019
- Nominations should be emailed to CVOAAdvisors@ncacbsa.org
* We are aware that some districts offer a version of this award at their tier. These awards are not part of the official BSA program. Please consult your individual district leadership for details.