Start a Sea Scout Ship
Starting a Sea Scout Ship is easier than you think. Why?
- The Sea Scout Community provides unparalleled support with learning skills, finding resources, sharing opportunities. Your fellow skippers want you to succeed almost more than you do!
- There are mountains of resources.
- What does it take?
- 5 Youth Applications.
- 5 Adult Applications (with Youth Protection)
- 1 Chartered Organization
- “I can’t sail.” That’s OK. We’ll teach you.
- “I don’t own a boat.” Most Skipper’s don’t. You’re better off using a boat owned by a non-profit to ensure the boat is tax-exempt. And we have our own 501(c)3 to support titling and taxes.
- “I live an hour from water.” And many Troops live an hour from a decent campground. We can help you find the best launches.
- “I wouldn’t even know where to start.” That’s what other Ships are for. We’ll hook you up with another Ship who can take you out or let you join them for some events.
- Contact us for more information. email@example.com We generally respond within an hour.
National Committee, Ship Growth & Retention