Membership Dues & Transfers
Membership Dues & Transfers
It’s time to renew your Lodge Membership!
To be a member of Amangamek-Wipit Lodge and the Order of the Arrow, you must be a registered Scout or Scouter and pay lodge dues of $16 annually. Take advantage of a $2 discount if you pay by March 31, 2019. Membership ensures your invitation to all chapter/lodge events and includes a subscription to the quarterly Lodge Shark’s Tooth newsletter, which will be imprinted with your OA ID number and BSA ID number.
Your 2019 dues can be paid online at https://scoutingevent.com/082-2019OADues.
Membership Transfers and Membership Reactivation
New transfers from other lodges and all former Amangamek-Wipit members that wish to “re-activate” their membership must complete the Membership and Dues Form below and mail it along with their dues payment to the Marriott Scout Service Center. The information requested on the membership form must be completed in order for the lodge to activate the former member record or create a transfer membership record. The form consists of two sections: Individual Member Request and General Information. The later breaks down into personal and induction.
It is critical that the responses to personal information be completed as thoroughly as possible. Not doing so will only delay processing and possibility prevents the re-activation or transfer from being approved.
Personal information fields that must be provided are:
- BSA Person ID
- Date of Birth
- Registered Unit type and /or number
- Chapter (i.e. District) in which the unit is chartered
Induction information fields that must be provided are:
- Induction Date (ordeal and/or brotherhood as applicable)
- The most common issue is not providing a date in the required format (MM/DD/YYYY); in order to enter the information into the membership database a complete date must be provided; providing only the year or season and year is NOT sufficient; if the precise date is not known it requested that your best guess be provided in the required format
- Vigil Induction Dates (certificate vs. induction date)
- These dates are not the same; if the actual induction date is not known the certificate date can be used in its place; remember the required format (MM/DD/YYYY) must be used
- Copies of vigil certificate or sufficient documentation that will allow verification of vigil induction by the lodge
- This is not an issue for former Amangamek-Wipit members re-activating their membership; the lodge has all of the required records to verify the vigil induction
- For transfers this must be provided in order for the membership record to be created with the vigil honor included; lacking the certificate (copy) or other documentation; the record will be limited to Brotherhood
Once the membership re-activation or transfer is complete a current year membership card will be mailed from the lodge. This membership card will include the OALM ID assigned and the Order of the Arrow Honor History (i.e. induction dates and for vigil honor members the Indian name and English translation if provided).
Last Updated 4/46/2018