Exploring is a career-education program for young men and women ages 14-20 (or 13 and have completed 8th grade). It’s about helping young adults make a more informed decision about future careers and determine if a particular career is the right one for them. Through Exploring you can get involved, learn about a career, and decide to pursue it, or learn enough about the career to determine it’s not the right fit for you instead of spending lots of money on education and certification only to then discover you don’t like the career!
Exploring leaders volunteer their time to provide real-world career experiences for young adults. exploring is not about lectures and slide shows – it’s about gaining practical experience in a career field. the result is a program of activities that helps youth pursue their special interests, grow, and develop.
How To Join an Exploring Post or Club
Click here to locate a list of Exploring Posts and Clubs within the National Capital Area Council.When you find an Explorer Post or Club that is of interest to you, contact Powhatan’s District Executive, Tejas Patel, responsible for the district where the Post or Club is located. Your District Executive will provide you the contact information for the Post or Club and give you more information on joining.
This list of resources is also available on the National Capital Area Council (NCAC) Exploring webpage.
- List of Exploring Units by location
- More information about Exploring
- Exploring Renewals, Trainings, and Forms
- NCAC-specific information on Exploring Renewals
- Frequently Asked Questions about Exploring Training
- The Exploring Program in the District presentation from 2017 NCAC University of Scouting
- Webinar for NCAC Exploring leaders, 2016 (replay webinar or review slides)