Want to learn about any of BSA’s high adventure programs? Considering creating your own high adventure trip? Want ideas for local hiking? Need help preparing for a Philmont trek? You have come to the right place!
NCAC is sponsoring a Bahamas Tall Ship, a Bahamas Adventure, and two Coral Reef Sailing Expeditions S720 all leaving Washington on July 20 and returning on July 26 at an estimated cost of $1950 per person for each expedition. The application is available at https://www.ncacbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/HAC_2019_Seabase_application.pdf. For more information, see https://www.ncacbsa.org/council-committees/outdoor-adventuring/high-adventure/ or contact Dana Abrahamsen at email@example.com or 703-280-9782.
Northern Tier 2019
NCAC is sponsoring a 2019 Bissett crew for 11 nights on yet to be determined dates in July. The estimated cost including float plane access is $2450 per person. For provisional youth and adult advisor applications, see https://www.ncacbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/HAC_2019_Northern_Tier_Provo_application.pdf and https://www.ncacbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/HAC_2019_Provo_Advisor_2Feb2018_fields.pdf. For more information, see https://www.ncacbsa.org/council-committees/outdoor-adventuring/high-adventure/ or contact Craig Reichow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-478-0660.
Northern Tier 2020
Northern Tier will offer a lottery for 2020 summer reservations and 2019-2020 Okpik winter reservations. The registration for the lottery will open Tuesday January 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM and remain open until Tuesday January 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
- Entry into the lottery will open at 9:00 am CST on Tuesday January 8 and will close at 5:00 pm CST Tuesday January 15.
- Enter the lottery online at www.ntier.org.
- Crews selected for a Northern Tier Trek will be notified by email by Feb 1, 2019.
- Crews selected in the lottery will need to submit their $800 per crew deposit by Feb 22, 2019.
- Any crews not selected will be notified by Feb 1 and a list of alternate dates will be provided.
- Available trips after lottery will be opened on a first-come, first-served basis on Feb 15, 2019.
- Only one entry per unit will be accepted. If there are duplicate entries for a unit, those entries will be discarded. Please designate only one individual to make a lottery entry.
Additional details may be found at www.ntier.org/lottery
More High Adventure Opportunities
High Adventure Opportunities Bulletin Board: The High Adventure Committee hosts a list for crews to post notices looking for scouts and scouters to join a high adventure crew or for individuals looking for a high adventure crew to join at https://www.ncacbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/HAC_Vacancies_List_2018p.pdf. To post a notice, send an e-mail with the details to Rick Gollhofer at email@example.com.
For a summary of each High Adventure program, click here.
Need Help Making Your Plans?
Contact Powhatan District’s High Adventure Committee Chair, Craig Dubishar for help making your high adventure plans a reality.
Text Message: 703.850.1751