Summer High Adventure
October 04, 2018
Want to learn about any of BSA’s high adventure programs? Considering creating your own high adventure trip? Want ideas for local hiking? Need help preparing for a Philmont trek? You have come to the right place!
NCAC is sponsoring a Bahamas Tall Ship, a Bahamas Adventure, and two Coral Reef Sailing Expeditions S720 all leaving Washington on July 20 and returning on July 26 at an estimated cost of $1950 per person for each expedition. The application is available at https://www.ncacbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/HAC_2019_Seabase_application.pdf. For more information, see http://www.ncacbsa.org/council-committees/outdoor-adventuring/high-adventure/ or contact Dana Abrahamsen at email@example.com or 703-280-9782.
Northern Tier 2019
NCAC is sponsoring a 2019 Bissett crew for 11 nights on yet to be determined dates in July. The estimated cost including float plane access is $2450 per person. For provisional youth and adult advisor applications, see https://www.ncacbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/HAC_2019_Northern_Tier_Provo_application.pdf and https://www.ncacbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/HAC_2019_Provo_Advisor_2Feb2018_fields.pdf. For more information, see http://www.ncacbsa.org/council-committees/outdoor-adventuring/high-adventure/ or contact Craig Reichow at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-478-0660.
Northern Tier 2020
Northern Tier will offer a lottery for 2020 summer reservations and 2019-2020 Okpik winter reservations. The registration for the lottery will open Tuesday January 8, 2019 at 9:00 AM and remain open until Tuesday January 15, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
- Entry into the lottery will open at 9:00 am CST on Tuesday January 8 and will close at 5:00 pm CST Tuesday January 15.
- Enter the lottery online at www.ntier.org.
- Crews selected for a Northern Tier Trek will be notified by email by Feb 1, 2019.
- Crews selected in the lottery will need to submit their $800 per crew deposit by Feb 22, 2019.
- Any crews not selected will be notified by Feb 1 and a list of alternate dates will be provided.
- Available trips after lottery will be opened on a first-come, first-served basis on Feb 15, 2019.
- Only one entry per unit will be accepted. If there are duplicate entries for a unit, those entries will be discarded. Please designate only one individual to make a lottery entry.
Additional details may be found at www.ntier.org/lottery
More High Adventure Opportunities
High Adventure Opportunities Bulletin Board: The High Adventure Committee hosts a list for crews to post notices looking for scouts and scouters to join a high adventure crew or for individuals looking for a high adventure crew to join at https://www.ncacbsa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/HAC_Vacancies_List_2018p.pdf. To post a notice, send an e-mail with the details to Rick Gollhofer at email@example.com.
For a summary of each High Adventure program, click here.
Need Help Making Your Plans?
Contact Powhatan District’s High Adventure Committee Chair, Craig Dubishar for help making your high adventure plans a reality.
Text Message: 703.850.1751