Camporee Fall 2019
REMINDER: District Executive Ashley Felton will be at the BJ store at 13053 Fair Lakes Shopping Center, Fairfax, VA, Thursday, Oct 24, from 6-8 pm, to pay for your food purchase made at the store.
Theme: Advance Campout Cooking/Outdoor Adventure
Oct 25 – 27, Camp Snyder
Please RSVP to Patrick Ring, firstname.lastname@example.org, asap.
Online Registration: Go to calendar in right column and scroll down to click on Patriot District Fall 2019 Camporee, or click here.
- Sept 30: Volunteer to sponsor a cooking activity or outdoor program.
- Oct 2: RSVP Pat Ring (email@example.com) of your unit’s attendance.
- Oct 7: Notify Bill Dexter (firstname.lastname@example.org) describing your Troop’s cooking activity
- Oct 10, 7 PM: Attend planning meeting before Roundtable to submit head count and identify what cooking stations your scouts want to attend.
- Oct 17, 7:30 PM: Attend a final camporee planning meeting in the Art Room 115, Olde Creek Elementary School at 9524 Old Creek Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22032.
- October 24, (optional) purchase food with Ashley Felton, District Executive
Webelos/AOL can attend the camporee on Saturday and be integrated into the troop and participate in all camporee activities. However, the Webelos/AOL must bring their own adult leadership to work with the troop leadership. Unfortunately, since 2018, Webelos/AOL can no longer camp overnight at camporees per National guidance. Since they can’t camp, we are reducing the price for them to $20 per Webelos/AOL and since their adults will not be camping there will be no cost for them. Webelos/AOL are not listed on the on – line registration so they will register and pay when they arrive on Saturday. However it is important that you account for them when you provide Pat Ring your numbers and when you sign up for cooking stations so that we purchase food for them. Please phone Bill Dexter if you have further questions at (703) 978-2632.