About Camp Marriott
Camp Marriott offers camping for 425 participants and includes an extensive aquatics program including sailing, canoeing, kayaking, rowing, and the ever popular water sports merit badge. Also of note is our ecology area, where there is an ever-changing zoo to showcase the flora and fauna of Goshen. Camp Marriott is located near great hiking trails, and offers the option of Patrol Cooking or Heater Stack dining options.
At Camp Marriott we strive to provide a unique Scouting experience through a combination of merit badge program and troop activities. Our aim is to create lasting memories for everyone who comes to camp!
Camp Marriott also helps facilitate adult leader trainings provided by the NCAC Training Committee at Goshen Scout Reservation. We will be provided with a schedule of trainings per week and that schedule will be posted on the Administration Building’s bulletin board.
Scouts who have found that their units are not signed up for camp, cannot attend with their Troop, or Scouts who want to attend a second week are eligible to attend Camp Marriott as a Provisional camper. The Scouts are grouped together in a Provisional Troop and have the opportunity to experience all the activities that Camp Marriott has to offer. Leadership is provided by the camp and is a combination of trained adults and youth camp staff members whose main purpose is to ensure a safe, exciting, and fun week at camp.
Scouts may attend as many weeks as they want. Participants must be registered Boy Scouts. There is no minimum age requirement.
Provisional Residential Camp is available all six weeks of camp
- Pirate’s Breakfast – Take your breakfast onto the lake using canoes and row boats to watch a beautiful sunrise over the mountains of Goshen Scout Reservation.
- Polar Bear Swim – Want to take the Polar Plunge?? You can at Camp Marriott!! Have an early morning troop swim in the beginners area and have breakfast on our beach!
- Troop Shoot – Want to have a troop shooting competition? Organize your own at Camp Marriott with the help of our Shooting Sports staff!!
- Flag Retreat – Form a Color Guard and have your Troop lower the flags one evening at retreat. To sign up see the front office at Camp!
- Flag Raising – Since we do not have a morning Flags ceremony, your unit can sign up in the Camp Marriott front office to raise the flags in the morning!
- Hike to Viewing Rock – Curious to see what Goshen Scout Reservation looks like from a bird’s eye view? You can enjoy the view from Viewing Rock located above Goshen Scout Reservation. Camp Marriott can help your troop plan a hike to this great lookout!
- Perform a Troop Service Project – Want to give back to Camp Marriott? You can. Inquire about service project opportunities with our Commissioners to give back to Beautiful Camp Marriott and earn recognition towards the OAR!!!
- Closing Campfire Skit or Song – Interested in performing a song or a skit at the closing campfire? You can sign up in the front office at camp! All songs and skits must adhere to the Scout Law and Scout Oath. A screening will be done to ensure appropriateness.
LDS Week (2)
This 2017 summer, we have one dedicated Week 2 (6/26 – 7/01) to LDS Units. For this week, we have a shortened schedule to especially cater to LDS Units. The schedule begins on Monday morning. Program begins on Monday afternoon and continues through to Friday, ending that afternoon with our campwide events. Can’t make it to LDS Week? Come any week! Just send us an email and let us know so we can help you jump into the week well prepared!
Specialty Week (6)
Camp Marriott will be hosting Specialty Week for the 2017 summer camping season. Specialty Week will be held during the week of July 23rd to 29th. Participants will spend the entire week engaging in activities focused around the theme of the program they have selected. Specialty Week is open to Scouts who are 13 by September 2017 as well as Venturers, Varsity Scouts, Sea Scouts, and Explorers.
- Trail to Eagle – offering all the Eagle Required Merit Badges and leadership development opportunities
Units and individuals (aka provisionals) welcome for all Specialty Week programs!
2017 Schedule & Availability
Availability (below) indicates if new units are able to register for a specific week of camp. If your unit has already reserved a week at camp then your Goshen coordinator will be able to add campers as space allows.
|Camp Marriott – Boy Scout Resident Camp / Provisional Camp / Specialty Week|
|Week 2 (+ LDS Week)||6/24-7/1||Open|
|Week 6 (+ Specialty Programs)||7/23-7/29||Open|
Matt Anderson, Camp Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Contact Number: (540) 416-1366
To send mail to a camper, please use the following format:
Recipient’s name, Troop #
Goshen Scout Reservation
340 Millard Burke Memorial Hwy
Goshen, VA 24439
Camp Marriott Specific Forms & Downloads
|2017 Forms & Downloads|
|Camp Marriott Map [PDF]|
|2017 Marriott Leaders Guide [PDF]|
|2017 Marriott Program Schedule [PDF]|
|2017 Marriott LDS Program Schedule [PDF]|
|2017 Marriott New Scout Quest Program Guide [PDF]|
|2017 Specialty Week|
|2017 Trail to Eagle Program Guide [PDF]|
|2017 Trail to Eagle Program Schedule [PDF]|