at Camp William B. Snyder
Michael’s Wood Shop was designed with the intent that it will be available for general use by the NCAC Scouting community for Scout, Unit or District events, merit badge days, summer camp programs and camp service projects. We have a broad array of hand and power tools, sufficient work space for large projects and unit events and the shop is outfitted with dust collection/dust filtration equipment. Please visit our photo gallery to view photos of the shop layout and work space, power equipment and dust control system.
The official opening of Michael’s Wood Shop will occur during the Scout Expo at Camp William B. Snyder on Saturday, November 17. Our volunteer Shop Stewards will give demonstrations throughout the day and will be on hand to answer questions about the shop.
Scheduled Events: Please proceed directly to Michael’s Woodshop when you arrive. Please see the MAP. Parking is located in the maintenance area near the STEM building.
Note: For Cub Scouts who require more individualized attention please contact the Camp office for information about a customized build session 571 248 4904
How to Reserve the Woodshop:
1. Review the shop rules. In order to use the wood shop, you will need to have an adult trained as a Trained Wood Shop Leader or will need to arrange to have a Shop Steward available to host your event. In addition, you must have at least one adult present at all times with current First Aid/CPR certification.
2. Check the list of Scheduled Events to verify the space is not already reserved.
3. Contact Camp Snyder to request use of the Woodshop @ Camp.Snyder@scouting.org
Michael’s Wood Shop Photo Gallery
Please enjoy our photo gallery. If you would like to submit photos of your wood shop event or project, please email your photos and a brief caption to Camp.Snyder@Scouting.org. Please include “Wood Shop Photo” in the subject line of your email.
Miter Saw Bench / The Main Work Bench / Lumber Storage Rack
Clamps / Our Cordless Tools /Fastener Storage Center
Table Saw / Planer / Radial Arm Saw
Drill Press / Band Saw / Miter Saw
Belt / Disc / Spindle Sanders
Down Draft Table / Shop Smith / Lathe
Dust Control and Safety
We are committed to the safety of all participants. While you are always welcome to bring your own safety gear, we do have safety glasses and ear protection available. Airborne saw dust is not only an irritant; it can pose health risks. To minimize this risk, we have installed a dust collection system, a down draft table for sanding and two air filtration units.
Our Tool Wish List and How to Donate
We are always seeking to expand the capabilities of our shop to improve the experience of our users. Please visit our Wish List to view our current needs.
There are several ways you can donate:
View our Amazon Registry and purchase a tool for the camp. For your convenience, you may have your purchase delivered directly to camp:
Camp William B. Snyder
Attn: Wood Shop
6100 Antioch Rd
Haymarket, VA 20169
2. If you have shop supplies or good condition, used tools that are included on our Wish List, you may drop them off at the Camp Snyder Scout Shop during normal operating hours (see our main page for operating hours). Alternatively, please email us at Camp.Snyder@scouting.org to arrange for a drop off outside of normal operating hours or to arrange for us to pick up the tools. Please include “Wood Shop Tools” in the subject line of your email.
3. If you have good condition, used tools or equipment (including large equipment) that are NOT included on our Wish List, please email Dave Schneeman at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details, including photos if possible. Please include “Wood Shop Tools” in the subject line of your email and contact information if your preferred method of contact is other than email. Dave will contact you to discuss current camp needs and to arrange to pick up the tools or equipment if needed.
Michael’s Woodshop was created through the vision and leadership of Michael W. Snowden and is dedicated in his memory.