Facility Rentals and Weekend Camping
Many Camp Snyder Facilities are available to rent.
Camp Snyder has something for everyone! Campsites, cabins and Carroll’s Cottage are available to rent from mid August through mid June. Amenities include pavilions and campfire rings in each campsite with nearby shower houses. Cabins and Carroll’s Cottage boast full kitchens and a large campfire ring. Rent the Gaga Pit, Big Dig, Fort, Rocket Field,Outdoor Amphitheater and pavilions for activities. Hike our wetlands, fish the pond or test your limits on the COPE Challenge Course.
To discuss availability,please contact the camp office at 571-248-4904 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To reserve Camp Snyder for year round use or to reserve the Mobile Climbing tower, you must complete the Camp Snyder Usage Request form
To rent equipment you must complete the Equipment_Rental_Form
Reservations are not final until the application has been submitted and approved and payment has been processed. Email and phone calls will not be accepted as actual confirmed reservations, but may be utilized to inquire about potential availability.
The camp layout is available on the Camp Snyder Map
Camp William B. Snyder has three identical cabins and one cottage available for a wide range of uses.The cabins and cottage are heated and cooled for your comfort year-round.
Each cabin has a large main room with two rows of bunk beds that accommodate up to 34 people as well as a dining area in the center. Two private bedrooms and a restroom with shower add an extra level of comfort. Linens are not provided.
Carroll’s Cottage Rental
Carroll’s Cottage sleeps 15 and offers four private bedrooms with full bathrooms. The kitchen comes equipped with oven, stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and ice machine. There are two meeting spaces in the cottage as well as a sitting area with a fire place and a screened porch. The cottage has four double beds, two queen size beds and one double sleeper sofa. Linens are not provided.
Stephen G. Marriott Dining Hall
Our largest function space, with seating for 400, the Stephen G. Marriott Dining Hall is the ultimate multi-purpose space for banquets and receptions, auditorium style gatherings and special events.
The dining hall features a raised stage equipped with a podium and full sound system. A video projector and wall mounted 12-foot screen to accommodate your video needs are also available.
Set in the woodlands of Camp Snyder are 14 camp sites with raised wooden platforms for tent camping. Each site accommodates up to 40 people.
Each camp site includes a covered shelter with picnic table, campfire ring, and nearby restroom facilities, including showers. Tents are available during the summer months. We also have an ADA-accessible camp site and two campsites with power nearby for CPAP users.
Outdoor Classrooms for Unique Instruction:
Camp Snyder offers over 300 acres of forest, wetlands, nature trails and open space just waiting for your group to explore. Bald Eagles, Red Tail Hawks, and over 250 other bird species can be found at camp.Youth and adults alike will discover nature like never before!
Camp William B. Snyder Rules and Policies:
- Check-In: The unit leader member will check the unit in by 7:00 PM.
- Upon Check-In the unit leader will submit a roster of campers,
- Check-out is by 11:00 AM on your final day at camp.
- After 11:00am an additional daily fee will be assessed
- Vehicles are only to travel on the gravel roads.
- Under no circumstances will a vehicle be driven or parked on grassy areas.
- The camp speed limit is 10mph.
- By order of the Prince William County Fire Marshall and in accordance with our land use permit no vehicles are to remain in the campsite area.
- Vehicles may enter the campsite area to drop off / pick up gear.
- Troop trailers are permitted in the camp site area and they must remain off the campsite fire lanes. (1 per campsite)
- In accordance with Virginia law no firewood is permitted to be brought into camp.
- There are to be no new campfire sites established.
- You are expected to have ample water nearby when using the campsite campfire rings.
- All fires must be extinguished by 10pm each night.
- Lights Out is 10pm and Camp Quiet Hours are 10pm-6am.
- Theme areas are off limits except during the time(s) specified on your Facility Use Request.
- No alcohol is permitted on camp premises.
- No pets are permitted on camp premises.
- A Scout is Clean: You are expected to leave the campsite and the shower house closest to your camp site in as good or better shape than you found it. Cleaning materials are provided in the shower house laundry rooms.
- All trash is to be in a tied up in garbage bags and deposited in the dumpster located behind the dining hall.
- The Campmaster will inspect the facility before you check out.
- It is the group’s responsibility to check-out with the designated Campmaster prior to departure to avoid billing for damages or cleaning.