Facility Rentals and Weekend Camping
Camp Snyder has something for everyone! Campsites, cabins and Carroll’s Cottage are available to rent from mid August through mid June. Amenities include pavilions and campfire rings in each campsite with near by shower houses. Cabins and Carroll’s Cottage boast full kitchens and a large campfire ring. Rent the Gaga Pit, Big Dig, Fort, Rocket Field,Outdoor Amphitheater and pavilions for activities. Hike our wetlands, fish the pond and test your limits on the COPE Challenge Course.
To discuss availability,please contact the camp office at 571-248-4904 or at email@example.com. Please note that Reservations for Off Season Camp Use are not final until an Camp William B. Snyder Facility Use Agreement Form has been completed, submitted and approved by National Capital Area Council.
Camp William B. Snyder has a complex of three identical cabins and one cottage available for a wide range of uses.The cabins and cottage are heated and cooled for your comfort year-round.
The cabins include a full kitchen with microwave, commercial range and refrigerator; cookware is not provided. Each private bedroom has two bunk beds. A nearby shower house is available for additional use.
Each cabin has a large main room with two rows of bunk beds that accommodate up to 34 people and a dining area in the center. Two private bedrooms and a restroom with shower add an extra level of comfort. Linens are not provided.
Carroll’s Cottage Rental
Carroll’s Cottage sleeps 15 and offers four private bedrooms with full bathrooms. The kitchen comes equipped with oven, stove, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and ice machine. There are two meeting spaces in the cottage as well as a sitting area with a fire place and a screened porch. The cottage has four double beds, two queen size beds and one double sleeper sofa. Linens are not provided.
Stephen G. Marriott Dining Hall
Our largest function space, with seating for 400, the Stephen G. Marriott Dining Hall is the ultimate multi-purpose space for banquets and receptions, auditorium style gatherings and special events.
The dining hall features a raised stage equipped with a podium and full sound system. A video projector and wall mounted 12-foot screen to accommodate your video needs are also available.
Set in the woodlands of Camp Snyder are 14 camp sites with raised wooden platforms for tent camping. Each site accommodates up to 40 people.
Each camp site includes a covered shelter with picnic table, campfire ring, and nearby restroom facilities, including showers. Tents are available, depending on the time of year. We also have an ADA-accessible camp site.
Birthday Parties in a Fort or on a Ship!
Camp William B. Snyder has several themed program areas which feature a Western Fort, The Big Dig archaeological site, a Native American Village and a Sailing Ship. All are available to help you create an unforgettable party or special event. We also have several covered pavilions, including an open-air chapel, to be used in creative ways to serve your needs.
Outdoor Classrooms for Unique Instruction:
Camp Snyder offers over 300 acres of forest, wetlands, nature trails and open space just waiting for your group to explore. Bald Eagles, Red Tail Hawks, and over 250 other bird species can be found at camp.Youth and adults alike will discover nature like never before!
Camp William B. Snyder Rules and Policies:
- Check-In: The unit leader member will check the unit in by 7:00 PM.
- Upon Check-In the unit leader will submit a roster of campers,
- Check-out is by 11:00 AM on your final day at camp.
- After 11:00am an additional daily fee will be assessed
- Vehicles are to remain on the camp fire lanes.
- Under no circumstances will a vehicle be driven or park on any grass for any reason.
- The camp speed limit is 10mph.
- By order of the Prince William County Fire Marshall and in accordance with our land use permit no vehicles are to remain in the campsite area.
- Vehicles may enter the campsite area to drop off / pick up gear.
- Troop trailers are permitted in the camp site area and they must remain off the campsite fire lanes.
- In accordance with Virginia law no firewood is permitted to be brought into camp.
- There are to be no new campfire sites established.
- You are expected to have ample water nearby when using the campsite campfire rings.
- All fires must be extinguished by 10pm each night.
- Please note: Throughout the year, a state fire ban maybe in effect. You can obtain information on the ban through the Virginia Department of Forestry website
- Lights Out is 10pm and Camp Quiet Hours are 10pm-6am.
- Theme areas are off limits except during the time(s) specified on your Facility Use Request
- No alcohol is permitted on camp premises.
- No pets are permitted on camp premises.
- You are expected to leave the campsite and the shower house closest to your camp site in as good or better shape than you found it. Cleaning materials are provided.
- All trash is to be in a tied up in garbage bags and deposited in the dumpster located behind the dining hall.
- The Camp Ranger will inspect the facility before you check out.
- It is the group’s responsibility to check-out with the designated representative prior to departure to avoid billing for damages or cleaning.