Camp Howard M. Wall
Explore the hidden treasures of St. Croix
Located on the southern coast of St. Croix, the largest of the U.S. Virgin Islands, Camp Howard M. Wall is your stepping stone to untold island adventures.
Rent Camp Wall
St. Croix is just a two and a half hour plane ride from Miami. Camp Wall is a hidden treasure on the island, offering 17 acres of open campground with beach frontage. In addition to tent camping, the camp includes a main building for orientation, a large full kitchen, three large covered open pavilions, kayaks and royaks, and an amazing view of the Caribbean Sea.
Camp Wall is available from September through April.
Cost to rent is $100 per person, per week.
The camp can house up to 46 people (16 in a camping shelter, 30 in two-person canvas tents with cots).
Things to do on the Island
- Swimming, snorkeling and scuba diving at various locations around the island
- Sailing/Motoring to Buck Island Reef National Monument
- Turtle watching at Sandy Point National Wildlife Refuge, home of the largest nesting population of leatherback sea turtles in the U.S.
- Visiting Salt River Bay National Park and Ecological Preserve, site of Columbus’ second voyage landing and first recorded encounter with early inhabitants. The park is one of seven places in the world to offer bioluminescent kayak tours. (Available at night during non full moon times)
- Fishing for reef fish, tuna, dolphin (mahi-mahi), wahoo and marlin
- Visiting Whim Great House and learning the island’s cultural history
- Hiking isolated beaches, New Caledonia Gut and the rain forest
- Hike to the Annaly Bay Tide Pools
- Visit Point Udall, the easternmost point of the USA.
- Learning about Maroon Ridge
- Enjoying West Indian food (man soup) and culture
For more information
- For rental inquiries:
- Sarah Moses, Camping Assistant for NCAC Council Camps
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CampWallUSVI