Friends of Scouting
FRIENDS OF SCOUTING IS THE COUNCIL’S SINGLE LARGEST SOURCE OF FUNDING
Friends of Scouting, NCAC’s annual giving campaign, helps ensure high quality Scouting programs for every youth. Accounting for 15% of our funding each year, the campaign is vital to our Council’s success.
THE TRUE COST OF SCOUTING
Did you know:
- It costs $200 to provide one year of quality programs for each Scout.
- More than 82% of the Council budget goes toward program support that impacts the quality of every youth’s Scouting experience.
Learn more about the True Cost of Scouting here.
An investment in Friends of Scouting investment helps to fund:
- Local programs and activities throughout the Council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youth who could otherwise not participate
- The Scout Service Center, which coordinates Scouting activities and provides customer service
- Accident and liability insurance to protect youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs that recognize Scouts meeting the learning and achievement goals they set
- Development and distribution literature and training materials
- Leadership training for youth who will become future community leaders
If you prefer to donate by mail, please send a check made payable to NCAC-BSA to:
9190 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814