Join the Adventure!
Scouting gives young people the opportunity to explore a world beyond the boundaries of everyday life. It presents them with chances to try new things, provide service to others, build self-confidence and develop leadership skills. These experiences help Scouts while they are young, and stay with them throughout their adult lives, helping them to grow into exceptional men and women who respect their families, communities, religions, countries and themselves and are Prepared. For Life.
LEARN MORE – WHAT PROGRAM?
Scouting has lots of different programs and age-levels.
- Cub Scouts – year-round program for young boys ages 5-10 and their families
- Boy Scouts – outdoor program to develop character, citizenship, leadership, and fitness for boys ages 11-17.
- Venturing – year-round program for young men and women ages 14-20 (or 13 and have completed 8th grade)
- Sea Scouts – year-round program for young men and women ages 14-20 (or 13 and have completed 8th grade) – adventures on/in water
- Exploring – Real-World, Hands-on Career Discovery – for young men and women ages 14-20 (or 13 and have completed 8th grade)
LEARN MORE – FIND A UNIT
Scouting happens in a “unit” – a Cub Scout pack, a Boy Scout troop, a Venturing crew, an Explorer post, or a Sea Scout ship. To find one near you, visit BeAScout.org and explore the map.
Or email inquiries to us. Or you may call 301-530-9360.
JOIN A UNIT
Ask your Unit how to join – paperwork, dues, and membership expectations. Some units use online digital applications (ask them for theirs). All may use paper applications: Youth (under 18 years old) form link or Adult (18 and over). form link. Ask your Unit how payments are handled.