High Adventure Committee
- The High Adventure Committee (HAC) is dedicated to promoting high-adventure programs in all NCAC districts. Volunteer scouters, including District High Adventure Coordinators, meet at 7:30 pm on the first Thursday of September through May at the Marriott Scout Service Center. The HAC is responsible for:
- providing information and assistance to NCAC youth and adults on High Adventure program opportunities, and
- conducting planning, logistics and training for expeditions to National and regional High Adventure bases with contingent crews from our Council.
Online registration is now open for these 2021 NCAC HAC-sponsored expeditions:
- Philmont 12-day backpacking
- Sea Base 7-day coral reef sailing
- Northern Tier 10-day wilderness canoeing
2021 Philmont, Sea Base & Northern Tier Adventures Available
The High Adventure Committee (HAC) has an allocation of Philmont treks and Sea Base Adventures for units or individuals in 2021 as in previous years.
Trip logistics are totally handled by the HAC, freeing crews to focus physical and mental preparation. This is terrific if your unit hasn’t planned a High Adventure trip in a while or if you are newly-formed like the Girl Troops being created thru-out NCAC. Make your trip of a lifetime come true next year! Three Philmont dates and one Sea Base date are open now, but hurry these trips will go fast:
- June 26/27, 2021 to July 10, 2021
- July 17/18, 2021 to July 31, 2021
Cost includes all air and ground transportation, lodging, meals, sightseeing activities (whitewater rafting and other local outdoor tours) and the Philmont base fee. In 2020 the cost was $2,550 and should be similar in 2021. The applications will be available soon to be sent to: email@example.com
- 2021 Philmont Unit-Based Application (available soon)
- 2021 Philmont Provisional Application (available soon)
- All Philmont payments will be made online by selecting the button below.
- (2021 Dates coming soon)
Cost includes all air and ground transportation, lodging, meals, sightseeing activity and the Sea Base fee. 2021 cost should be similar to $1,950 in 2020. Download this application and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2021 Sea Base Provisional Application (available soon)
- All Sea Base payments will be made online by selecting the button below.
Although there are presently no HAC-sponsored trips to Northern Tier scheduled, if you are interested in requesting one, download this application and send to: email@example.com
- 2021 Northern Tier Provisional Application (available soon)