Goshen Scout Reservation is located about three and one-half hours from Washington, D.C., near Lexington, Virginia, in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Situated in some of the most beautiful country in America, Goshen has its own private 450-acre Lake Merriweather, which is used for the varied water activities.
GPS Friendly: 340 Millard Burke Memorial Hwy, Goshen, VA 24439
(From the National Capital Area Council, Bethesda, MD)
- Take I-495 (Capital Beltway) to I-66 West to junction with I-81 South (about 80 miles).
- Follow I-81 South to Staunton, Exit 225 (about 75 miles).
- At the end of the exit ramp, turn right onto VA 262 South (old 275) to US 250.
- Turn right onto US 250 (through Churchville) to VA 42 South.
- Follow VA 42 South through Buffalo Gap and Craigsville into Goshen (about 30 miles).
- At the edge of the Goshen town limits (at the bridge), turn left onto VA 39.
- Follow VA 39 South through Goshen to Goshen Scout Reservation (about 4 miles).
- Turn left onto VA 601 and continue for about a mile to the entrance to the Reservation and the Camporee Welcome Center.