Hosted by Pack 1154 (of Ashburn), the 2019 Goose Creek District Championship Pinewood Derby will take place on Saturday, March 9th. The event will be held at Sanders Corner Elementary School and is open to all Unit Event Winners placing 1st thru 5th in all ranks including Lion, Tiger, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, and Arrow of Light. Returning this year, the open race will be eligible for all Cub Scout age siblings and parents.
We will have 2 drop-off/check-in times to make it easier to enter the race. Friday, March 8th will be drop-off/check-in. Then, March 9th will be check-in and race day (check-in times for day of race are noted in the flyer, for each rank).
- Early Race Registration and Drop Off – Friday March 8 (6:30-8:30 PM)
- Race Day & Race Registration – Saturday March 9 (8:45 AM -3:00 PM)
Registration Fee: $5.00 per participant, $4.00 (+ processing) if online prior to event.
Every participant will receive a Collector’s Patch.
Here are links to the 2019 flyer, the 2019 construction rules, and the ‘Welcome Page’ for the 2019 Goose Creek Pinewood Derby event itself, where you can initiate your online registration, because …
Online Pre-Registration is now open. (Pre-registration ends on Mar 8 at 2pm.)
Other Things to note:
- Please send your pack’s race results to post to the web site. Remember to include only each scout’s first name and first letter of last name.
- Breakfast/Lunch, Snacks, & Refreshments on sale on Race Day. Pre-order meal tickets online (Food proceeds used to support Pack 1154)
- Who Qualifies? … Any Cub Scout who placed 1st thru 5th in their Den Rank (Lions, Tigers, Wolves, Bears, Webelos, Arrow of Light) at their Pack Pinewood Derby are eligible to attend. As a result, each may have as many as 30 scouts eligible for the district race. Other friends/family members may participate in the Open Race.
- 2019 Inspection Procedures & Rules … To make the race fun and fair, we have added some changes for 2019. They are/include …
- Weight will be calculated at the 100th scale, i.e. 5.009oz will be considered legal for the 5.00oz limit.
- Detailed inspection procedures for wheels included.
- Lightweight/hollowing wheels are not allowed. Wheels must maintain a minimum weight and wheel thickness as shown on the rules.
If you have any questions please reach out to Jason Beshore, Goose Creek District’s Pinewood Derby chair.