Membership Fee Opportunity Fund Application
National Capital Area Council understands that the recent BSA membership fee increase may have created challenges for some families. The NCAC Executive Board has created an opportunity fund to help offset the fee increase for financially challenged families. This fund is intended to enable youth with financial difficulties to continue their Scouting journey.
The following criteria and procedures apply when making a request:
- ALL information requested below must be provided – incomplete applications will not be considered
- Support is based on family financial need
- The applicant must be a current registered member of NCAC (Youth only)
If you would prefer a paper application please click here to download the form.
Opportunity Fund Rules and Guidelines:
- Grant recipients and recipient units will be notified by December 18, 2019. Grants will be deposited into unit account(s) at Marriott Scout Service Center
- Must be used to pay 2020 registration fee and is not transferable
- All grant awards will be $23 (difference between 2019 & 2020 BSA registration fee and NCAC insurance fee) and will be awarded with the greatest financial need being given priority
- Requests will not be considered after 12-13-19
All Information on this Application is kept Strictly Confidential