Order of the Arrow fall fellowship
Amangamek-Wipit Lodge #470
Amangamek-Wipit serves more than 4,500 Arrowmen in 23 chapters across District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia and the US Virgin Islands. Our lodge is proud to be a part of the Northeast Region and Section NE-6A. To learn more about local OA activities please visit the Amangamek-Wipit Lodge homepage.
The Official Amangamek-Wipit Lodge Calendar is the best source for all Lodge and Chapter activities.
Maryland Proclaims July 16 – Order of the Arrow Centennial Day
It’s official! Thursday, July 16, 2015 will be celebrated as “Order of the Arrow Centennial Day” in the State of Maryland. Governor Larry Hogan has signed a proclamation which details the importance of the Order of the Arrow’s 100th Anniversary and urges “all citizens to support this observance.”
Maryland’s Camp Linstead (1918 – 1944) played an important role in the early history of the Order of the Arrow, hosting the third annual meeting of the Grand Lodge, October 12 & 13, 1923.
Today there are six Order of the Arrow Lodges in the State of Maryland:
- Nentico Lodge 12 of the Baltimore Area Council
- Nentego Lodge 20 of the Del-Mar-Va Council
- Octoraro Lodge 22 of the Chester County Council
- Allohak Menewi Lodge 57 of the Laurel Highlands Council
- Guneukitschik Lodge 317 of the Mason Dixon Council
- Amangamek-Wipit Lodge 470 of the National Capital Area Council
Copies of the Proclamation were delivered to the Scout Executive of each of these councils.
Lodge Officers for 2015-2016
- Lodge Chief: Jonathan Bjorson
- Lodge Vice Chief Operations: Geoffrey Loughner
- Lodge Vice Chief Administration & Communications: Ryan Raffensperger
- Lodge Vice Chief Finance & Membership: Aaron Kassman
- Mountain West Area Chief: Morgan Bentley
- Montgomery Area Chief: Vacant
- Virginia Central Area Chief: Nate Kidwell
- Virginia South Area Chief: Stan Dobis
- Three Rivers Area Chief: Nate Dudley