We all want Scouting to continue to inspire youth to live lives of leadership and service for generations to come.
National Capital Area Council’s Membership Committee is here to help make that possible. We provide the tools, training and other resources you need to recruit new members and introduce them to the world of Scouting.
For more information on recruiting and membership, contact Vice President of Membership Dave Nagel.
Membership Committee News
Next Membership Committee meeting is coming up
Our Council’s Membership Committee meets on the third Monday of every month.
Location: Marriott Scout Service Center, 9190 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 PM
For more information, contact Don Kilgore.
Have you hosted a Join Scout Night yet?
It’s not too late to get families excited about Scouting! Our Packs do amazing things, so let’s be sure they let everyone know with a Join Scout Night!
District Commissioners, District Chairs, Membership Chairs ACCs, AVPs and professional staff have boxes packed with great items that help get new families excited about joining Scouts. If you still have some left — or if you need one — your District Executive can work with you to be sure that they all get where where they need to be. If you are unsure who to contact, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training is available to help your unit run a successful Join Scout Night! To attend a class contact your District Membership Chair or local District Executive to find a course near you. If you are unsure who to contact, send an email to email@example.com.
For a great introduction to your training, watch the Cub Hub Anthem video.
The Membership Committee has a wide range of resources available to help in your recruitment efforts. These include:
- Join Scout Night Box – Created for Join Scout Nights, these boxes contain great items that can help families discover the many benefits of Scouting.
- Join Scout Night Flyers – You can print as many flyers as you need by downloading the form [COMING SOON]
- “24 Marketing Ideas for Your Pack” – This is a great resource to share with your unit when you are recruiting new members.
- Sample Video on Boy Talks
- BSA Brand Center
- Cub Scout Membership Resources – CubScouts.org
- Additional Membership Resources
- Unit Pin Management
The Council Relationships Committee serves to promote Scouting programs to all religious organizations within the council and encourage them to organize new Scouting units. Other responsibilities of the committee are to:
- Promote the religious emblems program with chartered organizations
- Ensure that Scouting’s resources are promoted for use by the religious institutions
- Develop chaplainry programs for Goshen Scout Reservation and council/district events
- Assist in raising Friends of Scouting (FOS) and financial support to provide for relationships throughout the council
NCAC Vice President, Relationships Committee: Rev. Robert Chance
NCAC Staff Adviser for Relationships Committee: James Hamlin, 301-214-9130.