National Capital Area Council’s Membership Committee is here to help make that possible. We provide the tools, training and other resources you need to recruit new members and introduce them to the world of Scouting.
For more information on recruiting and membership, contact Vice President of Membership Chris Lucander.
Membership Committee News
Our Council’s Membership Committee meets quarterly. Membership meetings are held at the Marriott Scout Service Center with call in options. If you would like to be added to the Membership meeting mailing please send requests to Don Kilgore, e-mail below.
Location: Marriott Scout Service Center, 9190 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20814
Time: 7:00 – 8:30 PM
For more information, contact Don Kilgore.
Have you hosted a Join Scout Night yet?
It’s not too late to get families excited about Scouting! Our Packs do amazing things, so let’s be sure they let everyone know with a Join Scout Night!
District Commissioners, District Chairs, Membership Chairs ACCs, AVPs and professional staff have packages with great items that help get new families excited about joining Scouts. Need additional supplies? Work through your District Executive and they will make sure you have the supplies needed to have a successful recruiting event. If you are unsure who to contact, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training is available to help your unit run a successful Join Scout Night! To attend a class contact your District Membership Chair or local District Executive to find a course near you. If you are unsure who to contact, send an email to email@example.com.
The Membership Committee has a wide range of resources available to help in your recruitment efforts. These include:
- Join Scout Night Packages – Created for Join Scout Nights, these packages contain great items that can help families discover the many benefits of Scouting.
- Join Scout Night Flyers – We can print as many flyers as you need, work through your District Executive to request the current flyer template. We will need at least a week to make sure the flyers can be printed.
- “24 Marketing Ideas for Your Pack” – This is a great resource to share with your unit when you are recruiting new members.
- Sample Video on Boy Talks
- BSA Brand Center
- Cub Scout Membership Resources – CubScouts.org
- Additional Membership Resources
- Unit Pin Management
The Council Relationships Committee serves to promote Scouting programs to all religious organizations within the council and encourage them to organize new Scouting units. Other responsibilities of the committee are to:
- Promote the religious emblems program with chartered organizations
- Ensure that Scouting’s resources are promoted for use by the religious institutions
- Develop chaplainry programs for Goshen Scout Reservation and council/district events
- Assist in raising Friends of Scouting (FOS) and financial support to provide for relationships throughout the council
NCAC Vice President, Relationships Committee: Rev. Robert Chance
NCAC Staff Adviser for Relationships Committee: James Hamlin, 301-214-9130.