NCAC Council Endowment Fund
In 2011, the NCAC Executive Board outlined an important goal to grow the Council’s endowment fund to $12 million by December 2015. Growing the endowment fund enables the Council to operate without worrying about the impact of unexpected capital expenditures on daily program support. It also helps the Council weather the ups and downs of the stock market, the job market and the supply-and-demand for its services.
Double Your Donation
NCAC was awarded a challenge grant in the amount of $4.885 million, from the Cecil and Irene Hylton Foundation. This means, beginning in 2014, your outright charitable donation to the Council’s endowment fund will be matched dollar-for-dollar. (Until the $2.5 million endowment portion is exhausted) Gifts to the NCAC endowment fund may be made by individuals, families, Scouting units, chartered partner organizations, civic clubs, foundations, or business firms. Gifts may be made by check, credit card or electronic transfer, from donor advised funds, or utilizing various planned giving techniques, including stocks and bonds or marketable personal property and real estate. The NCAC Endowment Committee is prepared to assist you. Please contact Jenna Welle via email or call 301-214-9113.
James E. West Fellowship Program
James. E. West was the first Chief Scout Executive of the Boy Scouts of America, a position he held for more than three decades. A West Fellowship is available for gifts of cash or marketable securities designated to the Council endowment fund. Donors may make cumulative gifts to reach the levels beyond Bronze membership. NCAC recognizes West Fellows with a certificate, pin and knot patch with the opportunity to have an engraved brick installed at the Marriott Scout Service Center.
- $1,000+ Bronze Member−Brick, certificate, bronze pin
- $5,000+ Silver Member−Brick, certificate, silver pin
- $10,000+ Gold Member−Brick, certificate, gold pin
- $15,000+ Diamond Member−Brick, certificate, diamond pin
Second Century Society
An outright gift of $25,000 or more payable over five years, or a deferred gift of $100,000 or more, to a local council, BSA Foundation, high adventure base or any BSA entity for operating, capital or endowment.
- $25,000+ Member Level—Lapel pin, certificate
- $100,000+ Member Level—Lapel pin, certificate, framed Rockwell print, custom insignia
- $500,000+ Member Level—Lapel pin, certificate, limited-edition framed Rockwell print, custom insignia
- $1,000,000+ Member Level—Lapel pin, certificate, premium framed Rockwell print, custom insignia
President’s Leadership Council
Gifts to or through the BSA Foundation made payable over five years as part of an advised fund, designated fund, trust, or other Foundation fund structure. Gifts may be designated to benefit local councils, high-adventure facilities, or other Boy Scouts of America entities.
- $1,000,000+ Member Level—Replica of Rockwell’s “Scoutmaster,” original commissioned Presidents Leadership Council marble sculpture, full-size Rockwell giclėe, custom tie, invitation to exclusive events.
- $5,000,000+ Member Level—Personal customized recognition items.
- $10,000,000+ Member Level—Personal customized recognition items.
Questions? Please contact Jenna Welle via email or call 301-214-9113.