Commissioner Support to Exploring
Welcome to Commissioner Support to the Exploring Program
In NCAC, the role of the Exploring Service team has been assumed by the Commissioner Corps. This page is intended to provide tools and resources to assist Commissioners assisting Explorer Posts and Clubs in carrying out their responsibilities
Exploring Service Tools
Commissioner Tools now support Exploring Units. The NCAC Exploring Service Tools have been retired.
Exploring Training for Commissioners
Recommend that Commissioners providing Exploring unit support take the Exploring specific version of Youth Protection Training.
An addendum to Commissioner Basic Training discussing Commissioner Support to Exploring Units is posted here.
A Master’s track elective on Exploring support will again be offered in the 2017 College of Commissioner Science
Online training specific to Commissioners providing Exploring unit support is under development by National, and should be available by mid-2017. This will include info on the differences between commissioner support and the Exploring Service Team.
Online Exploring Service Team modules are available now at ScoutingU. Recommend the following three curricula be taken:
- Exploring Service Team – Before the First Meeting
- Structure of an Exploring Program (SCO_301)
- What is Exploring (SCO_302)
- Benefits of Exploring (SCO_303)
- Parts of a Meeting for Exploring (SCO_305)
- Service Team Orientation for Exploring (SCO_318)
- Exploring Service Team – First 30 Days
- Registering and Renewing for Exploring (SCO_308)
- Safety Tips for Exploring (SCO_309)
- Annual Program Planning for Exploring (SCO_311)
- Open House for Exploring (SCO_314)
- Exploring Service Team – Position Trained
- Methods of Exploring (SCO_307)
- Developing SOPs and Bylaws for Exploring (SCO_310)
- Marketing Your Exploring Program (SCO_306)
- Program Fundraising for Exploring (SCO_315)
JTE (Journey to Excellence) Scorecard
- Post-Journey to Excellence 2014
- Post / Club – Journey to Excellence Scorecard 2015
- Post / Club – Journey to Excellence Scorecard 2016
- Post / Club – Journey to Excellence Scorecard 2017
- Post / Club – Journey to Excellence Scorecard 2018
The Journey to Excellence program is a method to develop and maintain a quality program. Posts can earn a Bronze, Silver or Gold recognition. Refer to this scorecard throughout the year to monitor progress, and submit with your Post renewal paperwork.
Explorer Post Renewal
Notice: The 2020 Membership Fees have been changed. The new fees are:
- $36 Exploring youth
- $36 for all adults
- $60 for each unit a participating organization registers
Read the 2020 Membership Fee Changes FAQ for further information. Other NCAC Rechartering information is being updated. Check back often for updates.
***Note: Exploring Renewal has shifted from the Online Exploring Renewal application to BSA’s Internet Rechartering Application for all units renewing after October 1, 2019. ***
For Internet Rechartering, Click here
The 2018-2019 Exploring Renewal Guide is your guide to the annual recharter process. With the assistance of your unit commissioner, this book will lead your unit step by step through renewing the registration of your unit.
2019-2020 Charter Renewal Handbook (PDF-1-page per sheet-1160 KB) New
Exploring Renewal Forms
- Memorandum of Understanding
- NCAC Exploring Renewal Transmitting Envelope 2019-2020 NO Embedded Calculations **New**
- NCAC Exploring Renewal Transmitting Envelope 2019-2020 For Former January Units with Embedded Calculations **New**
- NCAC Exploring Renewal Transmitting Envelope 2019-2020 For Former January Units NO Embedded Calculations **New**
- Money Earning Application
- Background Check Exemption
- Budget Worksheet
Additional information is located on the NCAC Charter Renewal Support page.
See the new, enhanced Exploring web site, www.exploring.org for Exploring resources.
Service Hours Reporting
The Service Hours Reporting website is located here.