Order of the Arrow
Arrowmen in the Colonial District are members of the Colonial Chapter of Amangamek Wipit Lodge #470. As the local branch of Scouting’s National Honor Society, our purpose is to:
- Recognize those who best exemplify the Scout Oath and Law in their daily lives and through that recognition cause others to conduct themselves in a way that warrants similar recognition.
- Promote camping, responsible outdoor adventure, and environmental stewardship as essential components of every Scout’s experience, in the unit, year-round, and in summer camp.
- Develop leaders with the willingness, character, spirit and ability to advance the activities of their units, our Brotherhood, Scouting, and ultimately our nation.
- Crystallize the Scout habit of helpfulness into a life purpose of leadership in cheerful service to others.
Chapter Members should join the Facebook Group, ColonialWipit. You can follow happenings in the Lodge on Social Media:
Spring Ordeal 2017
Register for the Chapter’s Spring Ordeal at Flying Circus Aerodrome in Bealeton, May 5-7, 2017. More details at the registration page.
Chapter officer elections will be held at the June 15 chapter meeting. Candidates must complete a Chapter Officer Petition, which requires permission from their parents or guardians, unit leader, and the chapter adviser.
A description of the duties of chapter officers is available in Chapter Office Responsibilities.
Contact one of the current officers or the Chapter Adviser with questions.
Chapter Officers for 2016-2017:
- Chapter Chief Julian Bown, Troop 4077
- Vice-Chief for Inductions Abe Schoolfield, Troop 118
- Vice-Chief for Communications Noah Rainey, Troop 1515
- Vice-Chief for Activities Joseph Lepak, Troop 129
Contact Chapter Adviser Chris Marston at email@example.com.