Rotary Club of Alexandria Eagle Scout Scholarship Application
To recognize two outstanding Eagle Scouts in the Colonial District, National Capital Area Council (NCAC), Boy Scouts of America (BSA) each with a $1,500 scholarship toward higher education tuition.
Current registered member of a Colonial District, NCAC, BSA Troop, Ship, or Crew
Graduating 12th grade high school student
Have attained the rank of Eagle Scout
Applications must be submitted to Colonial District Director, Geoffrey Thomas, at email@example.com no later than Tuesday, April 28, 2020.
The Colonial District Key-3 leadership will review all applications and will choose 4 applicants as finalists by May 1, 2020.
The Rotary Club of Alexandria Scouting Committee will review the finalist’s applications and will choose two awardees by May 5, 2020. The awardees will be notified soon after then.
The scholarships will be presented to the awardees at the Rotary Club of Alexandria’s May 19, 2020 meeting at 12:00 noon.
- Apply using the Rotary Club of Alexandria Eagle Scout Scholarship Application form. Essays and letters of recommendation should be included with the application in one attachment titled: “applicant’s full name Rotary Eagle Scholarship Application 2020”
- The completed application must be scanned and e-mailed to District Director Geoffrey Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 28, 2020.
- Awardees and their immediate family members should plan to attend the May 19 lunch meeting of the Rotary Club of Alexandria, at the Belle Haven Country Club, starting at 12:00 PM. Awardees will each have a brief amount of time to provide remarks.
Funding Process and Approval:
- Applications will be reviewed and vetted, first by the Colonial District Key-3 leadership, then the finalists by the Rotary Club of Alexandria Scouting Committee.
- Only the two selected awardees will be contacted by the Rotary Club of Alexandria Scouting Committee to inform them of their selection by May 6, 2020.
- The Rotary Club of Alexandria will work with the awardees and their families to directly send the scholarship to their choice higher education institution.