The Friends of Scouting campaign is Colonial District and the National Capital Area Council’s annual giving campaign, and helps ensure the District’s ability to deliver quality Scouting programs for every youth. The FOS campaign accounts for 15% of the Council’s total funding.
Friends of Scouting — Make your contribution here today!
THE TRUE COST OF SCOUTING
Did you know:
- It costs $230 to provide one year of quality programs for each Scout.
- More than 87% of the funds raised through the Friends of Scouting campaign go directly back into the Scouting program.
An investment in Friends of Scouting investment helps to fund:
- Local programs and activities throughout the Council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youth who could otherwise not participate
- The Scout Service Center, which coordinates Scouting activities and provides customer service
- Accident and liability insurance to protect youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs that recognize Scouts meeting the learning and achievement goals they set
- Development and distribution literature and training materials
- Leadership training for youth who will become future community leaders
Please consider contributing to the 2019 FOS Campaign. When making an online contribution, you will be asked to, “Select a designation for your contribution.” Please select, “Colonial District – Alexandria, Lorton, and Mt. Vernon, parts of Fairfax County, VA” and identify your unit. This will ensure that your contribution does the most good for our Colonial District units.
To learn more about how the FOS Campaign makes a difference, in the lives of Scouts in the Colonial District, please click on one of the links below:
Friends of Scouting-Making a Difference in the Colonial District (Video)
If you have any questions or want to schedule a Friends of Scouting presentation for your unit, please contact John Mirvish at Colonial-Finance@ncacbsa.org
# # #