Our Council Executive Board discussed how to protect our Scouts and Scouters during the ongoing coronavirus situation. The Executive Board decided to cancel all “in person” Council and District events and meetings until the end of April. Virtual meetings and events can continue. Unit “in person” meetings and events can continue with the agreement of the chartering organization and meeting/event facility. NCAC will issue a formal statement to this effect in the next day or so.
Our monthly Roundtable meeting on April 9th has been canceled. Unit Leaders can still access Roundtable Information via the 2020 Roundtable Editions page https://www.ncacbsa.org/chain-bridge/communication/round-table-document-editions/ and selecting the March link for this month and April link for next month.
Our District Pinewood Derby scheduled for 03/21/2020 has also been canceled, and the District Pinewood Derby committee is working to determine the feasibility of rescheduling in May. Follow-on guidance about any potential rescheduling will be communicated through your registered Pack Pinewood Derby Coordinator.
As for the Alonzo Stagg 50-20 Hike (3/21) and the Sea Scout Ship 1942 Merit Badges Afloat (4/25-26) events, they are not official Council or District events, so the organizers of those events will reach out to you separately with respect to their status.
The Order of the Arrow Chapter leadership will be in touch with OA members with further information about OA events, including any pending troop visits or elections. At this time, we do not expect the OA Spring Ordeal to be effected on May 8-10, so OA members and candidates should still plan on attending.
We anticipate that District Commissioner and District Committee meetings will be conducted via teleconference at the regularly scheduled times. Further information will be sent out to those groups when available.
Please encourage all of your families and volunteers to read the formal statement from our Council once it is released before asking specific questions with regards to how to proceed going forward until the end of April. Once the formal statement has been issued, please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions and or concerns that aren’t answered in the formal statement.
Thank you all for your continued support of our Scouting Programs in Chain Bridge!