The Chain Bridge District is part of the Virginia Central Service Area in the National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America. It is the home to over 60 traditional Scouting units, serving over 3,000 youth in the areas of Arlington and McLean Virginia.
Interested in joining a Scouting unit in Chain Bridge?
- Go to BeAScout.org
- Enter your zip code and select the Scouting program(s) for you and/or your child.
- Click “Find and Apply”.
– A list of Scouting units will appear in order from distance to your zip code.
– Contact the unit’s point-of-contact via their listed phone and/or email.
District Key 3: The district’s Key-3 purpose is to support units to ensure that our youth members get the best possible Scouting experience in the safest possible environment.
District Committee: A group of individuals recognized in the community as outstanding because of achievements as leaders, with recruiting and organizing ability that will inspire confidence and win support and cooperation for Scouting.
Members at Large: Individuals of character and standing in the community who, because of interest, organization experience, ability, or general knowledge, may be available for service as a chair or member of one of the committees in the district or for service in some special capacity to the district. The incoming district chair appoints the chairs of the various operating committees and other special or ad hoc committees with the approval of the voting members of the district.
Members at Large
Jim Thomas Sr.
District Membership Statistics
The Chain Bridge District is one of the top 60 Districts in the Northeast Region for overall membership growth based on total number of youth recruited and percent growth for 2018 and 2019.
2019 Year-End Membership for Chain Bridge
– Cub Scouts BSA: 1,879 youth across 32 Packs
– Scouts BSA: 1,630 youth across 40 Troops
– Venturing and Sea Scouts BSA: 85 youth across 5 Crews and 1 Ship
– Total Membership: 3,594 youth across all Scouting Programs for a combined growth of 7.6%
2019 Unit Development for Chain Bridge
– 8 new Scouts BSA Girl Troops
– 1 new Scouts BSA Boy Troop
– 1 new Venturing BSA Crew
– Total Unit Growth: 10 units or 12.3%
2018 Year-End Membership for Chain Bridge
– Cub Scouts BSA: 1,838 youth across 32 Packs
– Scouts BSA: 1,428 youth across 31 Troops
– Venturing and Sea Scouts BSA: 74 youth across 9 Crews and 1 Ship
– Total Membership: 3,340 youth across all Scouting Programs for a combined growth of 9.4%
2018 Unit Development for Chain Bridge
– 1 new Cub Scouts BSA Pack
– Total Unit Growth: 0%