Cub Scout Day Camp
Cub Scout Day Camp (Cub Scouts BSA):
Cub Scout day camps are organized by the National Capital Area Council, Boy Scouts of America and conducted by volunteers from the local area. Day camps are for registered Cub Scouts entering the 1st-5th grades the following school year. Those entering the 1st grade must be accompanied by an ‘adult partner’ during their participation.
Day camps are conducted by adult volunteer leadership who were trained and certified at one of the Boy Scouts of America’s National Camping Schools. Day camps are also supported by a number of adult and youth staff members. Scouts BSA Den Chiefs may also support the day camp program by assisting the Cub Scouts throughout the camp.
A variety of different activities are offered to allow participants to experience outdoor programs for Cub Scouts.
WHEN: Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (8 – 12 July 2019)
WHERE: 2034 Great Falls Street, Falls Church, VA 22043
WHY: We promise a boat-load of FUN all week
WHO: Any Cub Scout registered with a Cub Pack in the Chain Bridge District is welcome.
COST: $190.00 if registered before 19 May 2019 and $230.00 if registered after that date.
REGISTRATION LINK: https://scoutingevent.com/082-25921?draftmode=1
- We are bringing back our always big hit, BB guns and Sling Shot ranges.
- Leather crafts, build Rain Gutter Regatta sailboat, and 2-person Cardboard Boats, and construct a Kite.
- NEW this year as our Cub Camp week theme is “On-the-Water and
Beneath the Sea” is a full day of
Aquatics at Washington & Lee High School Aquatic’s Pool, 1301 North Stafford Street Arlington, VA 22201 the last day of Cub Camp on 12 July.
- BSA Swim Checks for everyone.
- Swim Lessons for Non-Swimmers and Beginners.
- 2-person Cardboard Boat competition Races in the pool.
- Don lifejackets and flip over in a Canoe in the middle of the pool.
- Other Aquatic FUN games.
- Fairfax County Fire Department Pumper Truck Demos, EMT Rescue Vehicle, Fire Department Potomac River Rescue Boat (County Fire Department support of our Cub Scout Day Camp always contingent on not having to go a real emergency)
INTERESTED – don’t miss the boat ?
Send an email to our Chain Bridge District Cub Scout Day Camp Director Tom Ballew if interested in becoming part of the adult and our older Scout Staff.