Interested in joining a Scouting unit in Chain Bridge?
- Go to BeAScout.org
- Enter your zip code and select the Scouting program(s) for you and/or your child.
- Click “Find and Apply”.
- A list of Scouting units will appear in order from distance to your zip code.
- Contact the unit’s point-of-contact via their listed phone and/or email.
- If a unit takes longer than 3 business days to respond, please reach out to Ann MacPhail, Chain Bridge’s District Membership Chairman, and/or Keenan Pallone, Chain Bridge’s District Executive.
Chain Bridge District’s Membership Toolkit
The Chain Bridge District’s Membership Toolkit is designed so you’ll find everything you need to recruit and register Scouts all in one place.
The Membership Toolkit is organized into the following folders for your convenience:
- Applications: Applications for youth and adults, BSA medical forms, position codes and position descriptions.
- Click HERE to access the Applications Toolkit.
- General resources: Documents for each of BSA’s programs
- Click HERE to access the General Resources Toolkit.
- Join Scouting Night Toolkits: Recruiting resources for each type of program, including applications and medical forms, flyers and brochures, parent handouts and other helpful resources.
- Click HERE to access the Join Scouting Night Toolkit.
- New Unit Creation: The Charter Agreement, New Unit Application, Custom Unit Number Form, Flag Form, and applications for youth and adults.
- Click HERE to access the New Unit Creation Toolkit.
Let us know if you can think of anything we should add. If something else would be useful to you, there’s a good chance that other leaders would like to have access, too.
Common mistakes to avoid when turning in applications
- Missing signatures and/or initials
- Missing SSN *Adult Applications
- Missing position code / position description *Adult Applications
- Missing unit type and number
- Missing BSA ID number (For “multiple” and/or “transfer” applications)
- Missing YPT certificate *Adult Applications
- Missing signed disclosure form (background check) *Adult Applications
- Missing references *Adult Applications
- Unit membership account at NCAC has insufficient funds
- Applications must be legible and dark (no fading ink when printing)
For any questions related to Chain Bridge Membership, don’t hesitate to contact the following: