District Membership Information
Bull Run District Membership Committee
- Vice Chair Membership Bull Run District
Phone — (703) 409-1526
- Boy Scout Membership Support: Stephanie Messenger
- Webelos to Scout Transition: Vacant
Unit Internet Rechartering is December.
Here are some resource to help get you started on rechartering your unit:
- NEW 2015-16 Charter Renewal Handbook (PDF-1-page per sheet-682 KB)
- NEW Addendum to 2015-16 Charter Renewal Handbook (PDF) – info on Renewal Report E-Z
- NEW 2015-16 Exploring Renewal Handbook (PDF-1-page per sheet-234 KB)
- NEW Addendum to 2015-16 Exploring Renewal Handbook (PDF)
- NEW Registration Application Examples (PowerPoint)
- NEW Rechartering Tricks of the Trade (.pptx)
For those leaders who are entering or continuing in the world of Webelos this year we have some new tools for you. District Membership Committee Matt Ramsey has been working to create three District Webelos to Scout transition guide, one guide for parents, unit leaders and detail information on our District Boy Scout Troops. All this additional information can be found on the District Webelos to Scout page.
Recruiting New Members is a Year Round Process
The District has assembled a set of guidelines to help all unit leaders build the membership in their scout unit. Please download a copy of the Bull Run District Membership Plan for a full set of ideas, timetables and recruiting aids.
Recruiting Resources from scouting.org
- Main Recruiting information
- BeAScout Site information and Instructions
BeAScout.org Overall PowerPoint Presentation (Large, 8Mb)
- BeAScout.org Online Registration Instruction PowerPoint (Large, 8Mb)
- Cub Scout Recruiting
- Webelos Recruiting
- Boy Scout Recruiting Video:
Troop Open House concept video with Tico Perez:
Find a Bull Run Unit:
To find a Scouting Unit near you, visit: BeAScout.org.
Common Zip Codes:
- Bristow: 20136
- Gainesville: 20155
- Haymarket: 20168
- Manassas: 20113