District Awards Nominations
Nomination and Selection
Adult leader awards are intended to recognize an individual for distinguished service to the Scouting program over a period of several years and/or to recognize an individual for unusually significant achievement in one or more leadership positions.
The Bull Run District Committee sponsors the following adult leader/organizational awards:
District Award of Merit
- Class: Knot and Medal
- This award is given by the local Council upon the recommendation of the District Award of Merit Committee.
- Nominations are due no later than 14 December.
- District Award of Merit Nomination Form
District Key Leader Award
- Class: Plaque
- This award is given by the District to scouters in recognition of outstanding service in a responsible position at the unit and/or district level.
- Nominations are due no later than 31 January 2016
- District Key Leader Award Nomination Form
Chartered Organization Award
- Class: Plaque
- This award given by the District to Charter Organizations in recognition of outstanding contribution as sponsoring organizations for Scouting units.
- Nominations are due no later than 31 January
- Charter Organization Award Nomination Form (link to come)
Shield of Service
- Class: Certificate
- Each unit is authorized to nominate one Scouter to receive the Shield of Service Award.
- Nominations are due no later than 13 February
- Shield of Service Nomination Form
- The guidelines provide detailed listing of what should be considered when nominating a Scouter or organization for one of the above awards. The “Adult Leader Recognition General Guidelines” can help you determine what awards are available to recognize for volunteers with.
- Any questions regarding District awards can be directed to Ed Gray, District Awards Committee Chair.