Director of Council Program
January 15, 2020
Do you love Scouting programs? Are you literally a happy camper? Then come work with our dedicated volunteers to support training, advancement, and camping in one of the country’s largest Scout councils!
National Capital Area Council is seeking an experienced Director of Council Program to join our team. We are looking for someone who works well with others, delegates and coordinates program duties, is detail-oriented, has a good knowledge of camp programs, and possesses a strong Scouting program background. Preference will be given to those with experience in Scouting units, the Order of the Arrow, or Wood Badge. The Program Director should also possess originality, creativity, and an open mind, and should be an enthusiastic camper.
The Program Director will:
- Give Leadership to Key Council Activities
o University of Scouting – 1,000 participants
o Silver Beaver Dinner – 500 participants
o Pow-wow – 200 participants
- Cub Scout Summer Resident Camp – Camp Snyder
o Promotion – increase attendance
o Hiring and leadership of Camp Director and staff
o Program (determine what families want/need and deliver it)
- Serve as staff advisor to Order of the Arrow Lodge
o Largest lodge in nation (4,200 + members)
o Manage key lodge functions (work weekends/ordeal/brotherhood/vigil)
o Annual OA Banquet (500 participants)
- Advisor to Council High Adventure Contingents (all bases)
o NCAC sends more Scouts to BSA bases than any other Council
- Advisor to Council Advancement Committee
o Processing for 1,400 Eagle Scouts annually
- Advisor for National and World Scout Jamboree Contingents
o Leader in NSJ Youth and Adult Participants
o 500 participants in recent WSJ and 100 staff
- Advisor to Wood Badge (Annual spring and fall courses – both full courses)
- Advisor to NYLT (6 annual courses)
- Serve as Advisor to International Scouting Committee
- Facility manager for Marriott Scout Service Center
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is based on experience. Extensive benefits package offered including vehicle and mobile phone reimbursement.
How To Apply: All applications are treated confidentially. Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter with salary requirements, via email, to Mario Perez, C.O.O., National Capital Area Council BSA – firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information click here Director of Program Position Summary.