Save the Date for University of Scouting on February 23rd
December 07, 2018
23 FEBRUARY 2019
Hayfield Secondary School
7630 Telegraph Road, Alexandria, VA
Registration opens 2 January 2019
Purpose of University of Scouting
University of Scouting is a supplemental training opportunity for all adult Scout leaders. It is the only time during the year where you can find, all in one place, the widest variety of training opportunities in all program areas (Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturing, Sea Scouting, District Operations, and Council). Whether you are new to the program or a veteran of many years, the University provides interesting courses in Cubbing, Scouting, and Adventure and leadership training for Venturing and Sea Scouting; Electives courses applicable across the Scouting programs, and District operations courses. For 2018 we will be offering over 150 classes in five colleges – truly something for everyone.
- The College of Cub Scouting provides a wide variety of courses from pack administration to planning for an outdoor program.
- The College of Boy Scouting provides an exciting variety of troop, patrol and outdoor planning supplemental courses to help manage the challenges of a great troop experience.
- The College of Adventure Scouting is an interesting combination of courses for those who are wish to learn more about Scouting’s “senior” level programs and the challenges of an active high adventure experience.
- The College of Elective Programs offers many “general studies courses” that cut across all the programs. Just about everything from diversity and special needs to using technology can be found in the Elective Programs.
- The College of District Operations provides training to district committee members and Scouters with an interest in district operations. While no degree is conferred, those who take the required three courses are awarded the District Scouter Training Certificate and “Trained” patch
Standalone Courses are those that are BSA national syllabus courses such as VLSC(Y), VLSC(A), VALST, or are courses that lead to certification recognized and/or needed by the BSA. Note that standalone courses do not meet any degree requirements in any College.
BALOO – Due to the NEW Training Requirements of BALOO we can no longer offer a one day class.