National Jewish Committee on Scouting Eagle Scout Scholarship Programs
May 23, 2017
The National Jewish Committee on Scouting will award scholarships to Eagle Scouts who best meet the qualifications outlined below and on the nomination application.
Eligible applicants must:
• Be a registered, active member of a Boy Scout troop, Varsity Scout team,
or Venturing crew.
• Have received the Eagle Scout Award.
• Be an active member of a synagogue and must have received the Ner Tamid
or Etz Chaim religious emblem.
• Have demonstrated practical citizenship in his synagogue, school, Scouting unit,
• Be enrolled in an accredited high school and in his final year at the time
of selection. Exception – Scouts whose Eagle Scout boards of review are held the
same year of their high school graduation may apply in that calendar year. They may
receive a scholarship one time only.