Weather Update: Venturing Scavenger Hunt
March 10, 2017
Calling all Venturers!
Due to this weekend’s weather forecast, please be aware of the following changes to the VOA Scavenger Hunt on March 11:
- Expected road closures from the Rock & Roll Marathon will likely cause delays and difficulty in parking until–we have removed the “start time” so that groups can start whenever they get there.
- Expected wind chills below freezing are a safety concern and groups are encouraged to take as much time as needed for warm-up breaks–we have removed the “end time” so that groups can finish whenever they want.
- Instead of meeting someone at start and end to tally up who accomplished what, groups are encouraged to use the list of clues and email photos to CVOA@ncacbsa.org with a list of those who have participated (full names). Unless specified otherwise, photos will be published on our Facebook page to highlight your success (let us know if you want to keep photos offline).
- CVOA will mail out a printed certificate to everyone who completes the Scavenger Hunt challenge (please spell out full names in your email).
- Those who complete the Scavenger Hunt challenge will also receive 1 Venturing lanyard each, as long as supplies last (first-come-first-serve, as we receive emails of group completions). If you already have a lanyard and do not need/want another one, let us know in your email.
- Download the 2017 VOA Scavenger Hunt Questions here!